michalm21

Skydiving in Rochester, NY area - where?

Hi,
Looks like I will be in Rochester, NY next weekend.
Do you know of any nice places to jump there?
I found Frontier Skydivers here on DZ, and place called "Rochester Skydivers" which is closer but I don't have much info about it...

Which place would you recommend?
Thanks!

hello

the ranch is more like 4 and a half, five hours away. Here's the scoop on your options
outta the roch. ny area..

1. Fingerlakes Skydivers. Ovid NY about a half hour North of Ithaca, one and a half hours south east of roch...Cessna 207 and cessna 182
nice people

2. Rochester Skydivers, Albion NY 8 miles or so north of Batavia, (which is ON the thruway)...Cessna 182, nice people

3. Frontier Skydivers, NewFane NY . North east of Buffalo ,,,,
1 and a quarter hours from R I T.... approx. 70 miles west of roch.. Over the years we have had a good number of members who are at the College, or else skydivers who happen to enroll there,,, and then wanna find a good place to jump.
Current aircraft King Air...nice people.
as we tell all members and visitors, it could be a long day what with travel and all, so not sure if any of these places, can allow for
" a quick jump",,, but maybe .......
ps weather this weekend is expected to be very good....you may PM me if you need more details
jimmy
a3914 d12122

Ahhh, my bad. Unfortunately I haven't visited there for a number of years now, got my tandem rating there with Jim, and never got a chance to go back. Hi Jim & Sue! Nice people, clean place, Cessna dz, with any luck someone from there will reply here.

Good luck!

Hi,
Looks like I will be in Rochester, NY next weekend.
Do you know of any nice places to jump there?
I found Frontier Skydivers here on DZ, and place called "Rochester Skydivers" which is closer but I don't have much info about it...

Which place would you recommend?
Thanks!

i've been to both places, and they're both good places. Frontier skydivers is bigger, but if you're just looking to run and do a quick jump then rochester might be better for that.

CReW Skies,
bubbles
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

I know the Ranch. I live in Brooklyn, have been there before..
I'm visiting a friend who goes to Rochester Institute of Technology, and just want to do a quick jump there :) (withing 0.5-1hr away)

Where to go, where to go? Anybody?

I have a degree from RIT... cool! It's a boring campus anyway. Too much red brick! :D

Your best bet is Rochester Skydiving Center in Albion, 30 minutes from the city... or if you wanted a scenic view of the finger lakes, there's Finger Lakes Skydivers in Ovid, about 30 miles northwest of Ithaca. I could be wrong but I bet both are C182 DZs....
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

All three mentioned here are awesome in there own ways. Hopefully the weather will be good for you. The weather at Frontier is often better than the other two because of it's proximity to Lake ontario. If you are a freeflyer then Frontier or Fingerlakes might be better. RW all three would be good.

With any luck maybe I'll see you at the DZ.;)

I moved out of Upstate NY before Rochester Skydivers opened up, but I have many fond memories of jumping at Frontier during my college days, and they're still a great place. And the Finger Lakes DZO is my old FJC instructor from my Seneca Falls days, so I give a nostalgic nod to them, too. I've heard nothing but great stuff about them.