leroydb

Solar POWER

http://cgi.ebay.com/HYBRID-OFF-GRID-120VAC-WIND-SOLAR-POWER-TOWER-SYSTEM_W0QQitemZ150042341408QQihZ005QQcategoryZ3240QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

good deal?

THIS WIND & SOLAR POWER SYSTEM CAN GENERATE UP TO 2.5 KWH OF DAILY FREE ELECTRICITY ASSUMING AND AVERAGE 16 MPH WIND SPEED AND 6 HOURS OF DAILY SUN...

AT $999, YOU ARE RECEIVING A 26% DISCOUNT OFF OUR REGULAR PRICE OF $1348....

How much is 2.5KWH going to be?
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

I would have to caution you that a wind generator of that type is gonna make a LOT of noise while operating.
The faster it turns, the noisier it's gonna be.
I hope you sleep very deeply, and have cool neighbors.

"Now I've settled down,
in a quiet little town,
and forgot about everything"

If you're really interested in solar power, contact BillVon, he's outfitted his whole house to run on solar, in fact, he puts power back into the power grid.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

16 mph of steady wind is a lot, very site specific
the ad says up to 2.5 kWh, same as 2500 watts

won't run a water heater 4.5 kW, the average HVAC unit would be around 1-1.2 kW per ton

would be good to supplement your usage but not as the prime source, be sure to check on local codes and with the utility company, there could be requirements to connect the generator and possibly rebate $$
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

Usually your not directly powering your home with these. You put it in the grid and get a credit on your bill. You can send the power directly into your home but you normally need extra gear to convert the power to a usuable type. A lot of times it is converted to something like 12 or 24 volt and goes to special appliances or battery systems.
Rainbo
TheSpeedTriple - Speed is everything
"Blessed are those who can give without remembering, and take without forgetting."

LeRoy,

2500 watts (2.5kw) is less than a quarter at the rate I pay. By the time you replace storage batteries, you have produced more polution than a power plant producing the same amount of power and you have paid more for it.

In some areas wind/solar can pay off, but where you live it would be difficult to justify.

Ed