jtval

MORE climbing pictures

yes they would.. My rock gym charges 5 buck for use all day. If you are serious, I would suggest going to a store like REI/Galyans, and looking at the shoes they have and trying on some (they should have shoes you can try on) No socks, and get them a bit smaller then your normal shoe size, they'll stretch a little. I recommend 5.10 Mojaves' as a good beginner shoe, The heel hooks aren't anything to write home about, but they'll do. Also remember this is also an expensive sport, it'll be another drain on your financial resources too. I also think you should hit a rock gym to meet some clilmbers, and get used to indoor before you try out door, you can take it in small increments start at 5.6 and work your way up, and listen to people...just like skydiving.:)
"Dancing Argentine Tango is like doing calculus with your feet."
-9 toes

Both Derek and I would definately be up for this.

We have rope, quickdraws, and stuff for the anchors if anything specially is needed we can make it (gotta love having a rigger around.) Since at the moment we only sport climb we don't have any protection type gear although that might change by the time we do this.

Also, I have an extra pair of shoes that should fit a woman who wears a 6 or 6.5. Yes and I'm a shoe and backpack whore and proud of it. B|:D

Count me in too! I have the basic set up, and I can borrow anything we might need from the Academy climbing club. It rocks to live in Colorado.

On belay....
-9 toes

can you recommend anything to build the muscles needed?

pull ups like a mofo...use fingers if you can, don't rip up your tendons, and squats. Stretch...flexibilty really helps...

Belay on...
-9 toes

On belay....

CLIMB ON!!!

I usually add "Climbing"...then "Climb on", kinda like a last second check...You noticed what I was doing...great situational awareness...I would definately be into to climbing....Hey maybe we can get Johnny Eagle and Kirk Verner to come, they climb pretty hard too, they set up some sick routes in the local climbing gym (about 10 minutes from Eloy)
-9 toes

:ph34r:
LOL! I do believe that I yell down "Climbing" before climbing, but WHATEVER! It was a silly post to say "Let's climb, guys!"

I am sure that many climbers will be joining this DZ.com climb fest. I am not sure when I can go, yet, but I am looking into the Thanksgiving thing for an impromptu trip. If not, we will have to make it after Eloy, of course! God, that will be beautiful!

I only climbed for about 1 year and a half, and much less than others (once again due to my health). However, it is something that I love and that I always found quite natural. I progressed VERY quickly. I haven't climbed for almost 5 years now, but I will always love climbing!

:( I don't think I can go thanksgiving. holidays are really hard for me to get off, especially since I'm taking 2 weeks off over christmas. *pout* Oh well, I'll definately keep an eye out for something after X-mas or during/at eloy.

Rosa, I tried on some Saphhires at REI on Sunday...LOVE THEM....unfortunately I wear a EU 36 and all they had was 37 & 35 [:/] Right now I have a pair of 5.10 mojaves and a pair of Scarpa Infernos (little red devices of torture), so my next pair as soon as I can kill one of my current pairs will be saphhires.B|

Kelli: Climbing.....Climbing.....DEREK, Climbing
Derek: Climb on
Fly it like you stole it!

cool sounds like fun! as I said before I may be CRAZY inexperienced as far as real climbing. ive done it in gyms and ocne in korea but nothing regularly.

as I also siad before. Im not to cool to have my ass kicked by a chick!:D

I prefer it actually!:ph34r:
My photos

My Videos

Any weekend other than Thanksgiving I should be able to get off. So if you guys end up doing something impromptu, tell me and I bet I can get the time off.

How about this weekend? I'm free.
-9 toes

I usually add "Climbing"...then "Climb on", kinda like a last second check...You noticed what I was doing...great situational awareness...I would definately be into to climbing....Hey maybe we can get Johnny Eagle and Kirk Verner to come, they climb pretty hard too, they set up some sick routes in the local climbing gym (about 10 minutes from Eloy)

funny story........years back, i took mark hewitt and his g/f nanette climbing at the gunks. we were on our way back to the car when i notice marks g/f watching some guys climbing a route. one of em has a skydiving shirt on. hes yelling up to the guy on the rope climbing "jack, u ok up there?" so marks g/f says jack who....... he says jack jeffries.....she yells, hey mark , jack jeffries is here........jack yells down, mark who.......she says mark hewitt.....he says no shit and comes down.........after years of not seeing each other skydiving, ( they were on the same 4 way team) they now run into each other climbing.......

i saw jack at the ranch last month after not seeing him since then and reminded him of back then........pretty funny.....

can you recommend anything to build the muscles needed?

If you havent done any serious climbing before. Going out to the local climbing gym and getting yourself up some routes will reap far more benefits than any strength specific exercises. When I was climbing alot the hardest I could climb was 5.11a and V3 but I could do more pullups than several of my friends who are solid 5.12 climbers. For a beginner, climbing specific technique training (traverses, easy routes) should make up your entire
"workout" schedule. Stay off the hangboards, campusboards, weights etc. until you are cruising 5.10a.

BTW I noticed you live in Vista. I live in Vista too. I havent done any serious climbing in about a year or so but Ive got tons of gear and wanted to start climbing again. Shoot me an e-mail if you wanna pull on some rock sometime theres all kinds of fun routes within a 1/2 hour drive from where we live!

heres another...

yea I jumped off shit...but nothing high enough to use a rig......

I also fell over on to my back and slid down a 20 slanted rock.... that was funas hell!
dont worry folks it was a calculated risk and the fall was almost planned:D
My photos

My Videos