swedishcelt

request for exit video clips if anyone has them

I am discussing Gelstalt's psychology in class this week. I want to use freefall to illustrate Gelstalt's idea that 'perception is often different from reality' in connection to Wertheimer's use of the example of phi phenomenon. Does anyone have a short clip of an exit that shows the plane and ground and the perception/ view of the person falling? It would be used once only for purely educational/ college class purposes. :)
I want to demonstrate that even though we are predisposed to organize information in particular ways, to skydive we have to actually adapt our perception, learning, and problem solving to compensate for freefall's affect on our perception.
Please help me if you can! :)

I understand what you are asking for and there is plenty of video out there to illustrate your idea but I think you will be hard pressed to find 1 video that covers all of those bases. Your best bet and most probable way to do this, is to find videos of each angle you want and then to edit them together be it in what is known as jump shots or even split screen views of each angle.

You could do this yourself and save time searching video by simply filming one of your jumps. It would require about 4 camera angles give or take depending on how you wanted to do it. You could position a stationary camera inside the aircraft filming you as you exit(prefereably tailgate), a camera on your head, a cameraman filming you as you leave the aircraft and in freefall/deployment, and one on the ground filming the whole thing. It would then simply be a matter of editting all the footage together to illustrate Gelstalt's idea.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I am not jumping currently and just a student. I see what you mean though. It will take several clips to illustrate the idea, at least three. Maybe I can use three different ones and show it that way. I could definitely edit the results together in a shorter version that combines them and use captions to to explain what is being seen/ looked for and the comparison. I do have the capability to do that if it is a file that is downloadable.

I just saw this but I am on my way out the door.

As luck would have it I just put all my video on my hard drive.

I have a few shots of exits from inside the plane.
I have one or two from the ground but im not sure the detail is good enough.

PMme to remind me to get those clips to you.

I'll get them to you ASAP.
My photos

My Videos

We made a short clip of a static line jump from the instructors view point telling the student to put his feet out. Then from my view point front flosting the strut of a 182 showing the student putting his feet out the door, then climbing out, then he and I let go and it shows the opening sequence. Would this work??

Edit: It's available on skydiving Movies now.