udder

Wolmari psycho pack

Anyone starting with a Wolmari pack and then rolling it up psycho pack style? Well sort of like a psycho pack but without the 180 degree flip...

So like a regular pro pack, flop it out on the floor, fold either corner over the top, then roll without flipping over.
"In one way or the other, I'm a bad brother. Word to the motherf**ker." Eazy-E

I will, but there is alot of packing voodoo. Its like fierce tribalism with everyone defending their packing method. I just tried it out last night and it seems to maintain tension on the lines and tension on the tails folds better, hence holding my slider in place better while making it easier to bag. How it will open I have no idea.

How it will open I have no idea

one way to find out.......HOWEVER are you really the person to be a test jumper?

Not suggesting you should or shouldnt do it. I would suggest that you take it out and show someone (Instructor/rigger etc) what you have done and get their opinion. If they think its ok to jump then go do it and enjoy the butterflies you will probably have when you throw your PC :P
I like my canopy...

...it lets me down.

I will, but there is alot of packing voodoo. Its like fierce tribalism with everyone defending their packing method.

Tribalism??? You missed the religious war.

I just tried it out last night and it seems to maintain tension on the lines and tension on the tails folds better, hence holding my slider in place better while making it easier to bag.

So what have you tried?

Anyway. Wolmari pack does not include rolling. It has just a small differenc from ProPack: "ears" are folded over and not under.

Wolmari pack with reserve S bagging can make your life easier. Do it like this! B|

i find that laying the pack-job down, squeezing the air out and cocooning it either as for the reverse-S fold or Wolmari-pack BEFORE flipping it over and rolling it up to bag it psycho style is the best of both worlds...more control with the laying down and coccooning and then easier folding/bagging as per psycho-pack...
mind you this was shown to me because i was so useless at everything else...
"Work hard, play hard and don't whinge"

How it will open I have no idea

one way to find out.......HOWEVER are you really the person to be a test jumper?

:P

He'll be fine Koppel he's South African, and big and can lift hevy things;)

Pedder you have yet "master" packing the way I showed you, are you having troubles with that method?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Squeak is right. Beer cans are very heavy. And I can lift them. Reason I ask is it just seems a cleaner way to bag(psycho pack) and maintain tension on the slider to keep it up against the stops. And those supporting the wolmari pack say it noticable reduces the risk of a lineover. And I had alot of free time last night.

Regarding psycho packing, is it flipped over for any reason other than to keep the keep the tail area neat and clean?

ps. my new used rig is here! and is very sexy.

I tried the Wolmari pack for a short time. It didn't seem to help my hard openings so I went back to a pro-pack.

I now Psycho pack everything, and really like it.

As far as combining the two methods into one, I don't really know much about that. Let us know how it turns out.....Steve1

I'd rather use different nose/slider placement.

I tried that too, but it wasn't helping much either. A big part of the problem was that I was trying to stuff too large of a NEW canopy into a bag that was one size too small, thus messing things up in the process. I went to the Psycho pack, and just loved it. My openinings have been soft and mostly on heading ever since.....Steve1