elias123

Phoenix-Fly Tracking Gear Failing/Blowing Up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc_tiZ3P19c

During a wingsuit training jump, practicing barrel rolls and wingsuit-style pulls, my tracking pants blew up. I just did a wingsuit-style dummy pull where after I could not open or separate my feet anymore. This is when I knew something went wrong, so after about 5 seconds I turn and track back towards the dropzone. It is then that my pants blew up entirely, making me go head low. I decided to keep a tracking position and pull like a wingsuiter would since I could not separate my feet.

I think this happened because I lost 40 pounds in about a month, slimming my waist down. that way air got into my pants at the waist area, exploding it from within. (at least that's what I think has happened)

Comment, critics, feedback ... all welcome.

(Also posted this in wingsuit forum)
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane"

No junk food.
Daily exercise.
Sometimes just bite on your teeth and don't eat for a day or 2.
I've been cutting down on expenses on everything (including food) to be able to jump more.

That's about it. :)

I didn't want to pull in the wingsuiter's face, because for all I knew, he might have been right behind me. Doing a barrel roll to see where he was, was not an option, because that might (and probably would) have affected my stability alot. I was flying straight and decided to keep it that way. I decided to stick to the plan, and wave of with my hands, wich you can't really see in the video. That beeing said, I still pulled reasonably high. (At about 4500 feet.)