lauras

Norm Olson at Zhills is The Man

I'm stating it publicly so everyone that visits Zhills over the winter can meet and jump with The Man, The Legend (drumroll please), Norm Olson.

A little something I wrote about Norm earlier this year:

The new King of Scrambles is Jim "Bu" Klinge and his team, "Save Ferris" with Christine Freiherr, Janine Columbo & Norm Olson! Norm is my new hero... He just celebrated his 75th birthday a couple of months ago and started jumping again about a year ago after a 20+ year lay off. He had over 2000 jumps that he racked up in the days of really really olde and that's no joke! Yay Norm! He's going to Skyventure Orlando this Tuesday with Sally Hathaway because he'd like to work on cleaner turns. Man, we should all be like this at 75!

Norm just got back from a Kate & Tony camp at Perris. They had him docking last on big ways that would make me poo my pants. He's talking about doing more camps. Norm makes everyone else on the dz look like a pack of slack-asses.

Norm was the highlight of my big way camp. One (small) example: How many times have you seen the "last" person to a dirt dive saunter up like they didn't care that an entire load was waiting on them?

Norm (bless his heart) RAN across the run way to a mere 30 way because he was a few minutes late. He is a great skydiver, he learned TONS during the camp, and I look forward to many more great skydives with him in the future.

NORM ROCKS

kate

Speaking of Norm....:)
Results from the Palatka Hog-Flop.

First Place: 6.29 (frames) Boogada Boogada Boogada : Travis Stewart Camera Person
Tom Hayden
Justin Jones
Max Minch
Adam Abelow

Second Place: 10.17 Oh Shit: Tom Hayden Camera Person
Norm Olson
Andy Whitlock
Kath Bledsoe
David Mancini

Third Place: 11.10 Dead Last: Scott Krout Camera Person
Al Mastin
Adam Chamley
Mike Patterson
Justin Faroni
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I had the honor of jumping in my first ever competition with Norm. We were on a 4 way scramble team at the POPS Spring Fest at Lake Wales.

We didn't do quite as well as his Hog Flop team, but we definately maxed out the "Had Fun" block.

Hope to jump with him again soon.

MH