RkyMtnHigh

Damage Control...Help! LOL

My SO meets my family this weekend and although he's calm about it, I'm freaking out! I'm so sure that my dad will tell stories to embarrass me *sweat*, I'm sure my mom will ask questions that the answers are none of her business*sweat more*, I'm sure my nephews (4) and neice will sing a lil ditty to embarrass me*sweat more*...but he'll get to meet my 93 yr old grandfather while he's still here and my grandmother and see the Farm that I keep talking about, deepfry turkeys with my dad and brother, and watch how crazy my family gets during the Auburn/Alabama game!

Any damage control suggestions? If I tell my family to "be cool" and not embarrass me, they'll just embarrass me even more*sweat more*:$:o:ph34r:

This has worked out really well that we're going there this weekend so it frees us up for the CRW Camp at Zhills next weekendB|...must just get thru this weekend and all will be coolio.B|

Don't sweat it. Your family is who they are and they're part of who you are. Enjoy their quirks and remember that most of what they're doing is probably embarassing to you and amusing to him.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Katie you parents are great and understanding people. dont sweat it. have fun and enjoy the family time. plus their family its their job to tell embarssing stories!;)

with a family like mine, I'd be extactic for just a little embarrassment...:$:D My family would start telling every embarrassing story on the list, switch to the baby pics, start talking about my exes, move on to my bad habits, then question the hell out of her till it's time to go to bed or we leave. (Usually the latter.) However, it works out in the end, because I haven't met one that can make it through the whole thing. When I do, I know she's either nuts, she's the one, or BOTH!!!:D
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

I think you just need to let it flow. If it doesn't happen at this meeting it will at the next and you can't stop it!! The "silliness" I mean. All those stories and zingers and whatever else that comes his way is all just an extension of you. You are from this family and if he loves you, he will love your family and whatever they may or may not bring to the table.

R E L A X !!!

Bobbi
A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

I think you just need to let it flow. If it doesn't happen at this meeting it will at the next and you can't stop it!! The "silliness" I mean. All those stories and zingers and whatever else that comes his way is all just an extension of you. You are from this family and if he loves you, he will love your family and whatever they may or may not bring to the table.

R E L A X !!!

Bobbi

:D:ph34r:He finds my anxiety quite funny:S;)...so glad I can be a source of entertainment.:P I'll take pics to show how it goes;)

I'm sure that letting your SO meet your family is a violation of the Geneva Convention. I haven't made that mistake since I was 19.

On the other hand, I have had SO's who introduced me to their family, but very few of them were as bad as my family, so I can't complain too much.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I'm sure that letting your SO meet your family is a violation of the Geneva Convention. I haven't made that mistake since I was 19.

On the other hand, I have had SO's who introduced me to their family, but very few of them were as bad as my family, so I can't complain too much.

You bonehead! You're just saying that cuz ya know about my dual nationalty which includes Swiss;) bwahahahahahaha! Nice try, Yo!:P

You bonehead! You're just saying that cuz ya know about my dual nationalty which includes Swiss;) bwahahahahahaha! Nice try, Yo!:P

I have no idea what you are talking about. I was referring to introducing SO's to family members who proceed to make fools of themselves. (Speaking from miserable personal experience.)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Katee, RELAX! I "endured" your family last year for Thanksgiving. They rock! :)Your grandmother makes some mean mac and cheese. Your SO is going to have a blast! Don't forget to take him to see the goats! Make sure you let him ride the go kart! Please give your family my regards and hugs from me.
"Dancing Argentine Tango is like doing calculus with your feet."
-9 toes

'member how stressed and worried you were only a few months ago????
:P
this is easy squeezy japaneesy....enjoy evrey bit of it!!!
B|

:$...I suppose...thanks for the reminder;)

and Israel, thanks for the reminder about the goats and Mavi's mac n cheese! She makes a screamin' "turkey dressin'" too:P

most guys are used to this routine, he should handle it just fine, and you will get to learn a little more about him by the way he handles the situation

:D:ph34r:Exactly! He is just fine...however it is ME that is stressing out for fear of what my fam may "say out loud" which I wish they didnt:o;):ph34r:

...such as their fam nicknames for me:

Camille after Hurricane Camille in 1969 which took out Biloxi, MS (so far he thinks that's "cute":S)

Squirtdobber...dad calls me that as well as PeeTailB|...socalled "endearing" nicknames..oh puleeease!:S

and several other names I get from the brother, nephews, neice, grandparents...OMG...just get this overwith...quickly and painlessly!:ph34r:

most guys are used to this routine, he should handle it just fine, and you will get to learn a little more about him by the way he handles the situation

:D:ph34r:Exactly! He is just fine...however it is ME that is stressing out for fear of what my fam may "say out loud" which I wish they didnt:o;):ph34r:

...such as their fam nicknames for me:

Camille after Hurricane Camille in 1969 which took out Biloxi, MS (so far he thinks that's "cute":S)

Squirtdobber...dad calls me that as well as PeeTailB|...socalled "endearing" nicknames..oh puleeease!:S

and several other names I get from the brother, nephews, neice, grandparents...OMG...just get this overwith...quickly and painlessly!:ph34r:

that is part of the fun of relationships - he gets to learn something about you - you both will have fun with that later
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.