txhoss

GO NAVY, BEAT ARMY

well as we would say "let em sink let em sink" and so on and so on. To be honest, I don't understand the grudge between the army and navy. Or what I see a lot more of is the grudge between marines and army. Oh well though.
I may not agree with what you have to say but i'll defend to the death your right to say it.

they still have their tradition, however diminished it is to the outside world. Back in the 30's and 40's, Army had teams that could compete with the best in the nation.

Nowadays, Army would be better off in Division 1-AA, sorry to say...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

they still have their tradition, however diminished it is to the outside world. Back in the 30's and 40's, Army had teams that could compete with the best in the nation.

*** It's got to be awfully tought for the military teams to compete with the big schools, first of all, all of the players have to take real classes and are students first, secondly, they have to adhere to the same physical standards as active military members. There are no 350 lb linemen.

John Wright

World's most beloved skydiver

*** It's got to be awfully tought for the military teams to compete with the big schools, first of all, all of the players have to take real classes and are students first, secondly, they have to adhere to the same physical standards as active military members. There are no 350 lb linemen.

They bend the hell out of the military ht/wt standards for athlete Cadets/Mids. Waivers out the arse. Plus the Academies' IC Athletes also get out of a lot of .mil stuff while they're in training/in season. How many cadets get a few nights in the Hilton prior to a game?
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

They bend the hell out of the military ht/wt standards for athlete Cadets/Mids. Waivers out the arse. Plus the Academies' IC Athletes also get out of a lot of .mil stuff while they're in training/in season. How many cadets get a few nights in the Hilton prior to a game?

I agree with the bending the standards for athletes. Otherwise, Navy would never had had 7'-0" David Robinson playing basketball for them. Just a thought...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

There's no height limit, unless you're looking to fly or be on a submarine.

I was referring to weight waivers.

The Academies bend the rules to support IC athletics. They're just not willing to go so far as to allow 350# Cadets with ridiculous body fat percentages.
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

The new LT here played Line Backer for Army last year (sorry I cant spell his name and couldn't pronounce I just call him Sir with a "C"). He did say that the Athletes DID male Height and weight in the Army, they got taped but have low Body Fat %'s so the ystill make it by the Army Regs.

As for AF or Navy I would hope it was similar.

AF and Navy allow "Buy outs" or some thing like that, isn't that how David Robinson got to the NBA?

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!