waltappel

The best excuse ever!

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/12/04/bingo.molester.ap/index.html

I have nothing good to say about the man--he is a slimeball--but his excuse rocks!

Walt

Molester blames wife's bingo habit
POSTED: 8:39 a.m. EST, December 4, 2006

EASTON, Pennsylvania (AP) -- A man who pleaded guilty to molesting two girls told a judge he did it because of his wife's excessive bingo playing.

"My wife was never home," Floyd Kinney Jr. said during his plea hearing Friday.

Kinney's explanation did not sit well with Northampton County Judge F.P. Kimberly McFadden,

"Some people, when their wives are not home, decide to do other things, like clean their living rooms," McFadden said. "Your behavior is beyond the pale."

Kinney, 49, said his wife would sometimes argue with him over money and that he was angry she was spending too much on bingo.

"She would be going to bingo three, four times a week. I told her to stop going to bingo, and she said, 'If they had bingo every day, I'd go every day,"' he said.

Records say Kinney molested one of the girls, now 26, from 1992-97. He sexually assaulted the second girl, now 17, for a year beginning in January 2005, records show.

Kinney pleaded guilty to two counts of aggravated indecent assault. The felony charges carry a combined maximum penalty of 20 years in prison and a $50,000 fine.

Defense attorney Richard Yetter said his client was not articulate and may not have been doing a good job of conveying his rationale to the judge.

But McFadden said she found Kinney capable of explaining himself. "I think he is telling me exactly what was going on," the judge said. "His wife was not home so he was going to perpetrate on someone and he picked these two children."

agreed. nothing rocks about his excuse. there is no excuse to do what he did.

Duh--of course there is no excuse for that. *Any* excuse he gave would be absolutely ludicrous, but to blame his heinous criminal behavior on his wife's bingo habits is pretty much insane.

Walt

Is there a new definition to the term "ROCKS" ? Maybe I have been using that word wrong for years now. There certainly is not anything that rocks in that story according to my definition. The only way rocks should be in that story is for anyone who thinks thats a good excuse. They must have "ROCKS" in their head !!!!

I know what your trying to say about his exscuse(how weird/bizarre it is)....and so does everyone else, they just disagree(for good reason) about the way you phrased it.

However, for future posts its probably not in your best interests to say anything having to do with sexual assault on a minor ROCKS!

The guy is an absolute monster but to blame his actions on excessive bingo, is rather amusing.
2 BITS....4 BITS....6 BITS....A DOLLAR!....ALL FOR THE GATORS....STAND UP AND HOLLER!!!!

Ok, maybe this thread should be moved to speakers corner because all these people that are replying don't seem to get that it was SARCASIM!

Jesus! I think this person was just stating that that this is one of the funniest exuces they had ever seen.

Quit reading so much into it.
-----------------
I love and Miss you so much Honey!
Orfun #3 ~ Darla

The guy definately gets an A for the creative award in the excuses department. That doesn't mean anyone is saying that the excuse makes what he did okay. I believe it's the outrageousness (if there is such a word) of it that rocks.

I know Walt very well, and can promise that he in no way believes this guy is justified.
Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28

Best excuse? I don't know, here's another doozie:

Wife Shoots Husband to Death Over Warm Beer
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,234618,00.html

To make things worse, the brand of beer was Stag. And to top it all off, the power was out from a winter storm, so all they had to do to get cold beer was to set it outside for a while...

The bastard deserved it for being so thoughtless.

***The funny part is he made that pretty clear in the original post, whether you know him or not. But some people will hear what they want to hear anyway. :S***

Speakers corner behaviour. Anything you say can and will be taken out of context so someone can get rightly indignant, and ofended thus feeling justified in starting a fight. When you explain what you meant people will still haggle endlessly over your wording, since what you actually meant by your wording does not inflame enough to start a fight.
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

To make things worse, the brand of beer was Stag. And to top it all off, the power was out from a winter storm, so all they had to do to get cold beer was to set it outside for a while...

Can't say I blame her.
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

I dunno.... This one could be Darwin Award worthy.;)
"Buttons aren't toys." - Trillian
Ken