SarahC07

Pack rat or trasher?

Are you a pack rat or a trasher?

So, I'm about to move. I'm graduating from college, moving into a new apartment (4 hours from where I currently live) and starting a new 'real world' job...

The problem is I have a lot of crap. I'm doing an okay job with throwing away useless, college junk/stuff ... but I need some general guidelines on what to keep and what not to keep...

I'd rather have less than more... but not regret having thrown something away.

any tips?

When I moved from California to Texas, I got a U-Haul to move and based what I would keep on that. If it fit in that small space, it could come with me - if not, trash it. It makes you prioritize what you need to keep. I found that things I thought I couldn't live without realy didn't matter... it was a very cleansing experience, but I do have to admit every now and then I sure wish I had that drafting table...
Because life is an adventure - it may not be the one you planned, but then it wouldn't be an adventure!

Both. I am a pack rat most of the time. Then when I move, I freak out at all the stuff and start tossing things.

Last year we went to put up our Christmas tree and half of the base was missing. Oops.

I recently met someone that I apparently went to middle school with and was going to look her up in the yearbook since I have no clue who she is. Apparently I tossed those too. Oopsie.

:)

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

I've always been a pack rat. Streaker is a trasher. Unfortunately, our living situation is such that he hasn't lived in "my" house for the last 13 years and in that time
a) he has moved a lot of his stuff here from a bigger apartment
b) three of our kids have moved a bunch of their junk here from previous apartments
c) I have moved a bunch of junk here from my business
d) we moved a bunch of his folks junk here after his mom died.
This house is big and FULL, FULL of CRAP.
I have spent the last couple of days sorting and tossing and I am sure that the garbage men are going to kill me.
My front porch is packed full of junk to go out, and I haven't even gotten a good start on the project yet.
Sure will be nice when it is done.
Any one need 9 cellos and 6 amplifiers? I'm having a hard time parting with music, musical instruments and dvds.
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]