SkydiveStMarys

What was the worst Christmas present you ever recieved?

It was a birthday/Christmas combo: a used bike with two flat tires. My parents said they'd fix it up, but didn't. I still remember sitting in the basement atop my rusty bike with flat tires.

That really is sad, but what a great picture.

Nothing when I was seven. Mom explained that we were really good but that Santa probably just forgot our house. My Dad had been laid off for a month before and every penny went to food and house payment/ utilities.

It was cool. She kept us SUPER busy with cooking and crafts and sledding/ hot cocoa, carols every night on vacation, etc. We hardly noticed. She had to have been sad and stressed but she never let on, we got stockings with fruit and scarves and mittens she had made. She even sewed us pj's and nighties from fabric she had had. She's an awesome lady.

It was a birthday/Christmas combo: a used bike with two flat tires. My parents said they'd fix it up, but didn't. I still remember sitting in the basement atop my rusty bike with flat tires.

That really is sad, but what a great picture.

:)

My aunt is the queen of terrible gifts to me. Here are five years of bad gifts:

#1 An umbrella
#2 An umbrella again
#3 Yet another umbrella (seriously. Other niece got a massage kit)
#4 A screwdriver (other nieces and nephews got a $25 card to Borders)

And this year (she gave it early) a beautiful Christmas box filled with very strange expired food. Some expired as long ago as 2003. She even said as I opened it, "I'm not sure how old some of this is."

Why does she hate me?

Me? I needed a new body pillow, but the one my SO bought me was so long and heavy that it was like a third person was sleeping in the bed with us....that sounds strangely sexual, doesn't it?:$:ph34r:

Bobbi

My sister bought me a yellow legal pad for my B-Day (A week before X-mas) and then she bought me a lame ass paper weight for Christmas.

I stil buy her cool shit for X-Mas but I wish she would just send a card or call instead of picking out a gift.
Some day I will have the best staff in the world!!!

My mother still says that one of her most embarassing moments was when my grandmother handed me a present on Christmas day, i squeezed it, felt that it was clothes, looked at her and said "oh no, not clothes again" before discarding it and opening another. :D i was 4.

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

Hmmm... probably the "Christmas with the Brady Bunch" CD from my brother. Total gag gift, and, as anyone who was at The Farm this weekend can tell you, having gag gifts like that comes in handy when you need something fun for a white elephant gift exchange. :D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke