phoenixlpr

Packboy/PowerTool replacement cord?

Is that made the same kind of cord like the Cypres loop?

that's exactly what it is. easy to make. you can order a spool of the cord from paragear, then look up the 'no-sew fingertrap' technique. piece of dowel and an old guitar string to make a fid and you're in business!
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

that's exactly what it is. easy to make. you can order a spool of the cord from paragear, then look up the 'no-sew fingertrap' technique. piece of dowel and an old guitar string to make a fid and you're in business!

"G" just asked me where the stitchless finger trap article went from my site, and to be honest I don't know [:/] but the Jump SHack version is still on line herehttp://www.jumpshack.com/default.asp?CategoryID=TECH&PageID=Nosewtrap&SortBy=DATE_D

pd
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

Takes about 10-15 minutes to make a new one out of Cypres cord. Just make sure when you're fingertrapping to run the cord for the free end loop through at least halfway through its length before you do the no-sewing trick, as it leaves a bit of a bump in the line that doesn't go very smoothly through the closing loop after you've packed.