cattygirl11376

level 1 compleate

I went out to zepherhills and did my 1st AFF class saturday morning....well all day. It was great!!!!! TK is a great instructor. We did get stuck waiting a couple hours for the skys to clear up but we did get to do our jump right at dusk. I did get a little scared when after my shoot opend and I looked up to check it and the lines were twisted, but I stayed calm and spun it out and everything went well after that. I think having that exspirance so early will just make me a better skydiver in the long run but I have to admit my heart skipped a beat when I saw that. I had a great landing I was only 10 ft from my target and Laszlo(a photographer there) got a great shoot of it. I can't wait for level 2. I'm hoping to get out there this week for that. then level 3 on the january 6th. I know if I don't get to do my level 2 this week I'll be in orlando this weekend and I'm going to try to go to the wind tunnel then. I want to make sure I have a good form for level 2 and up, and I've heard the tunnel is a great way to train on that. I can't beleave how much of a rush it is. I just want to be able to do all of it now (can you tell I hate to wait) lol. well if you have any advice feel free to write me. I'll keep every one posted as to how every think goes have a Happy Holliday, Cat

I was at z-hills a couple of weeks ago and loved it there....also had some weather problems, but we had a great time. Congrats on passing your first AFF:)
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

i start my aff january 6th...lol. IF you are ever up in Jacksonville and need a place to crash let me know. We jump at skydive palatka. My roommate is getting into it too...so we will all be out there every possible weekend...lol
"Age has absolutely nothing to do with knowledge, learning, respect, attitude, or personality." -yardhippie
"Fight the air, and the air will kick your ass!!! "-Specialkaye

Nice one - well done, and well done on kicking out those pesky line twists. I had the very same experience on my level 1 jump, and I agree with your statement on making you better in the long run.

Hope the rest of the course goes well for you, and happy holidays.

Out of 10,000 feet of fall, always remember that the last half inch hurts the most — Captain Charles W. Purcell, 1932

I've gotten line twists a few times.

The first time I got one, I had about 6-7 twists in my line. Last week when I jumped I had one or two line twists which immediately corrected itself after the line was tense and it kind of "spun" me to the left real fast. That was interesting.

Line twists are probably nothing to worry about. The ones I had were very easy to get out of. As long as thats all it is and you have the altitude to hang there and kick your legs around. :P

And yea I would have to agree with you that experiencing that early on does help. In this sport it seems like when you finally experience something, the fear of that thing isn't so bad anymore. For example, I was a tad nervous about doing the flips and barrel rolls cause I didn't know how easy I would get back stable. When I did it, I had no problem and that really helps your confidence. I think it helped mine a little too much, lol.

You're in St. Petersburg? I lived in Tampa Bay for a little while in college. St. Petersburg is a nice place. Salvador Dali was one weird artist, if you have ever been to see his paintings (they have that gallery down there).
Rodriguez Brother #1614, Muff Brother #4033
Jumped: Twin Otter, Cessna 182, CASA, Helicopter, Caravan

Once i get another car(my prelude blew up unfortunately) i plan on jumping all over florida...and i deff want to get some tunnel time in orlando..which i already have a hook up for thatB| So ill be everywhere and i always tell all divers...if you're ever close to me....screw the hotel...jsut pay me the money and you can say at my palce....haha...im just kidding. i dont charge...lol. jsut as long as they are good people and i dont have to worry about people doign stupid stuff...you know how alcohol tends to make people crazy..i wotn mention any names....lol;)
"Age has absolutely nothing to do with knowledge, learning, respect, attitude, or personality." -yardhippie
"Fight the air, and the air will kick your ass!!! "-Specialkaye

Nice!!! Well done, I had several minor mal's in my first few jumps. Line twist, closed end cell's, once I didn't throw out my PC far enough and it got caught in my burble. good job on spinning out, could have been due to body position. When I think about the times I've had line twist I usually think I wans't in the best postion when I pulled. Anyhow welcome to the sport. I've never done a wind tunnel and found no problem moving on in AFF, but if you have the money then why not, it can only help. But if not I'd say move on and jump. It only gets better from here on out. fly safe, and blue skies :)