incode

Psycho packing a Vengeance 135

Hello all.

Does anyone have any experience with psycho packing a vengeance or any other airlocked canopies?
Just wanted to know if it would be a good idea or not. I have done a search and didn't find much at all, any input would be great
:)

Depends whether you wish to go by the manufacturer suggestion or not. PD recommends pro-packing all of their sport canopies.

Are you jumping this or asking because you are a packer?

Kim
Watch as I attempt, with no slight of hand, to apply logic and reason.

Hey

Did a load of jumps (400 +) on Veng 120

Found that it opened fairly quick and had a habit of divin off to the left or right

When it was psycho packed it opened slower without any surge to the left or right overall it opened a whole lot better

Hope the info helps

Flipper

Okey-dokey. Good luck with that.

Ditto.

I weigh the same as you do, and only started jumping a vengeance 135 this year (at ~750 jumps). I wouldn't recommend one to someone with your jump numbers.

As for packing, don't do anything special with it just pro-pack without rolling/stuffing/... anything.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Hello all.

Does anyone have any experience with psycho packing a vengeance or any other airlocked canopies?
Just wanted to know if it would be a good idea or not. I have done a search and didn't find much at all, any input would be great
:)

Whats wrong with pro-packing it?
-----------------------------------------------------------
--+ There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.. --+

I psycho-pack my Samurai 170 every jump. It's a puppy dog on opening, and on heading every time. I originally started psycho packing it because it was new, and I wasn't very experienced at packing, and it was a WHOLE lot easier to get the slippery sumbitch in the bag. After it got some jumps on it and my packing got better, I considered pro-packing it, but then I decided... why mess with a great thing?
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out and shouting,
".... holy crap....what a ride!"

Having fun! Seriously... 900 flights with high-performance paragliders and careful advise from Mr. Germain counts for something... doesn't it? I probably have the same canopy time as someone with 5000 jumps. I know, there are a lot of differrences, but there are enough similarities that I feel condfident in my own decision-making ability.
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out and shouting,
".... holy crap....what a ride!"

I psycho-pack my Samurai 170 every jump.

What a hack are you doing under a Samurai with less than 100 jumps? :S

Was I just lucky when I got Vengeance [email protected] with 54 jumps and made about 250 jump befor sending it back to PD for control (opening).
In any case it can be done. and that is one fun canopy compare to Sabre2 170 which I use now
About syco packing I never try it.
Amir
AM67

I learned the Psycho from boyd38off. Had a rough opening the 2nd jump but that was due to my carelessness, (I let the slider creep off the bump stops but thought it would be OK). would happen to anyone on a pro-pack. Just started Psychoing again and I absolutely love the openings. For some reason, way better heading performance and just the speed I like it. not to fast but not a sniveling bastard. Did I mention, a lot easier to get into the bag. I would recommend to at least give it a try.