FlyboySMB

First female Thunderbird pilot flies with elite team

there have been women fighter polits for quite a few years.

Hell, when I joined the military 10 years ago we had someatmy first base. It was no big deal to me.

I know this is the first woman on the Tbirds but it doesn't surprise me.
My photos

My Videos

there have been women fighter polits for quite a few years.

I remember back to my days in Korea. I had been in TACP for about 3 years by then and had controlled a few hundred missions I guess. I'm standing on a hill top with my radio and I hear a woman's voice say "Icebox 17 (Me) this is Misty 76 on uniform" I knew the "Misty" call signs were reserved for Airborne FACs which are A-10 aircraft that help me control missions and hit a few targets when needed. I was ALL KINDS of confused. My brain couldn't process where this woman was calling me from and why she was using an aircraft call sign. :D I finally figured it out and during that mission discovered that not only was this pilot a woman but she was SQUARED AWAY. As good or often times better than many of the male pilots I worked with. Some time later I found out her "squadron callsign" was Xena. She was pretty cool and a blast to go drinking with. :D

I got to train some of the first women pilots that came thru the Survival School in the late 70's.. they have been around for quite a while.

At that time they could fly jets as in T-38's in training but once thru UPT they could only serve in non-combat aircraft.. MAC.. C-141...or Liason aircraft etc.. many were first class pilots yet were relegated to flying trashhaulers as was the common term at the time..

once thru UPT they could only serve in non-combat aircraft..

That reminds me of another funny. I spent two months of complete boredom on Osan AB in Korea. I used to hang out with this C-12 (King Air) pilot. She had gotten approved to transfer to F-16's. Well......Lets just say this girl had been blessed. :D She was pissed when I asked her where she thought those massive boobs were going to end up at 9 G's. :D I hope they made her a beefed up G suit!

Didn't the Blue Angles get a female on 2 or 3 years ago and she was their second? or was it first?

Not that it really matters who is on the teams, just that it took this long for them to do this, now as soon as the Leap Frogs get with the program we will be good to go!:P

(I will be flamed from BOTH sides for that one!)

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!