SkydiveStMarys

Grilled cheese

Velveeta, mayonnaise, miracle whip light, mustard, and salt

I hate miracle whip and bouncable velveeta, but mustard salt and mayo are a must, and NOT cheddar cheese, that shit gets grainy when melted, its american or provolone
>:(

You're the one who said velveeta isn't cheese, and then you list american as the real deal?! :S They're the same thing (as is cheez whiz)! :D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

You're the one who said velveeta isn't cheese, and then you list american as the real deal?! Crazy They're the same thing (as is cheez whiz)!

I'm glad someone else caught that.

Processed cheese food is processed cheese food, although each brand might be processed a bit different.

With that said, I still love "American" cheese on my sammiches. Although a nice slice of provalone is really really good as well.:)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

With that said, I still love "American" cheese on my sammiches. Although a nice slice of provalone is really really good as well.:)

I'm with ya, Dave. I like American cheese in three contexts:

1) on cheeseburgers
2) on grilled cheese sammiches
3) scrambled up with my eggs in the morning

Oh, and on the rare occasion that I make this casserole dish that my grandmother used to make that's like mac & cheese on steroids.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

by chance would it be tuna noodle casserole???

Nope, Granny always called it slumgullion. It has macaroni, american cheese, onions, green peppers, sausage, and some flour and milk to make a bit of a cream sauce.

And it is soooooo yummy.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Baguette sliced in half, slightly toasted, buttered, add sliced Somerset cheddar and grill till soft, sprinkle with fresh spring onions and a crushed clove of garlic so they melt in, add a sprinkle of Lea & Perrins, layer fine sliced tomatoes, topped of with some more grated cheddar.

ENJOY

:)
Steve

Shit, I have never read a post that made me so hungry for cheese, I'm off to the fridge B|
it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.

Care to post the recipe? That sounds good.

Absolutely...

Slumgullion

8 to 12 oz macaroni
1 lb breakfast sausage
2 medium onions, sliced
1 green pepper, sliced
2 tbsp flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 lb sliced American cheese

Cook and drain macaroni. Fry sausage, onion, and pepper together until light brown. Drain. Stir in flour and salt, add milk and cook until it thickens. Alternate layers of macaroni and cheese in a greased 9x13 baking dish. Pour sausage mixture over top. Top with cheese and bake at 350 for 30 mins.

Sweeeeet!

That's printed out and will be cooked on Monday.:)

Let me know what you think of it - it's my ultimate comfort food (and very much off-limits right now as I am trying to decrease my wingloading).

My mom will actually make it with less sausage and less cheese and more peppers/onions to lighten it up a bit ... but really, what's the point?:D

If I'm making that, it means I'm indulging.

"American" /= cheese
"American" < cheese

All this talk of cheese has me worked up. Tonight I will make mac & cheese. It will include real flour, real butter, real sour cream, real milk, real cheese (a blend of Tillamook medium cheddar and Emmi gruyere)...and whatever enriched macaroni product looks best (don't really have a choice on that one :D) Tomorrow I will put a bunch of the leftovers between two pieces of bread, and microwave it. That will be far closer to a proper grilled cheese sammich than any of these things you all are talking about making with "American." :P

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

Beth, you know you are always welcome for dinner. :P;)

Blues,
Dave

Will you pay for the plane ticket too? :|

Jeez, I'm already paying for and cooking dinner. You want me to chew it up for you too? :P:D

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)