SkyChimp

<< Super Bowl XLl >> Comments !!

It wasn't a very good game. It went about the way I expected, and wasn't even as close as the score would suggest.

Blues,
Dave

I kept asking all game how we were still in it? I don't understand how we still had a chance to win going into the 4th.

It wasn't a very good game. It went about the way I expected, and wasn't even as close as the score would suggest.

Blues,
Dave

I kept asking all game how we were still in it? I don't understand how we still had a chance to win going into the 4th.

WTF was up with the Bears packing it in on their final possession? A two possession game with better than a minute and a half remaining, and they're throwing short passes (some in the middle), not trying to get out of bounds, and running it up the gut?! :S

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Blues,
Dave

WTF was up with the Bears packing it in on their final possession? A two possession game with better than a minute and a half remaining, and they're throwing short passes (some in the middle), not trying to get out of bounds, and running it up the gut?! :S

Blues,
Dave

Thats our playcalling, and its been that way all year. Losing? Short on time? On the wrong side of the field? Deep yardage on downs? Ok here is the plan: Pass it down the middle for 2 yards.

No really, thats no joke, that is our play calling. 2nd and 20 with a chance to win? Fuck the idea of getting the clock on your side, run it down the middle for 4 yards.

The Bears gave up sometime in the third btw. Urlacher was pissed and asked for some changes to be made - he motioned to the side and said WTF!? and then they still went with the shitty man coverage with Manning on Clark. Dumb fuckers.

I hear ya Billy but regardless, Grossman still sucked! Dear God, that was not the Chicago QB I remember from this season. For a moment, I thought I was watching Leftwich from the JAGS playing tonight.:P

I saw a news article this morning titled "The wrong Grossman showed up"

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

Blues,
Dave

I'm torn on this. On the one hand, it was not a very good game - sloppy by both sides and one-sided throughout. On the other hand, it was a pretty entertaining game in part because of the fumbles.

I, for one, really liked the fact that it rained. Football should be played in the elements. We got to see what it was like when both teams had to make adjustments. The weather and offensive adjustments by the Colts really neutralized the strengths of the Bears defense.

I also think that the weather also was the best thing that could have happened for Peyton Manning and the wost for Grossman. With Manning's thumb injury, he's had a couple of weeks to practice at not being able to get a solid grip on the ball. Grossman, on the other hand, who is a good long-ball thrower, couldn't get the right grip and threw some ducks. This was amplified by his knack for trying off-balance throws. Da Bears made their plays on long balls, and two of Grossman's interceptions were from underthrown balls.

These are the variables in a game that weather can cause. I, for one, really like that.

p.s. - cheers to the officiating crew over a pretty damned good job. (where was Ed Hochuli these playoffs? 85 is the best referee in the NFL, and easily the most entertaining.)

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Don't give a damn about the Super Bowl, but I bought a square in my local bars pool when my bartender threatened me with bodily harm if I didn't.;) Certainly felt good about the game when he called yesterday and told me I had won the 1st and 2nd quarters for $500!:)

I planned my drive home from a weekend of flying ultralights in the desert to take place during the stupidbowl...perfect, no traffic, and i was enjoying the memories of actually doing something with my life, instead of watching some lame game.