Vallerina

Weight loss frustration

remember, muscle weighs more than fat. get rid of your scale and by a set of fat calipers and a tape measure. don't let a scale measure your results. you'll probably be more satisfied knowing you didn't loose weight, but lost 5% of your body fat, than say, loosing 5 pounds but still feel heavy. stick with it kid, you'll do fabulous.
Mistakes-It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

I have thrown out my scale. I don't look at weight anymore, I take a picture once a month and see how things have changed. I started swimming in October 3X a week and I have seen a big difference, but the weight has only gone down about 10 lbs. But after Christmas I had to get new clothes because the other ones didn't fit! I have also hit a plateau, less calories and more veggies and I have also started to train for a triathlon in April.

Maybe you have hit your ideal body weight even though you might not think it is.

Heather
Garbage bags do not make good parachutes.

Ok, now that I've seen this twice on this thread...

Muscle does not actually weigh more than fat. A pound is a pound is a pound.

However ... muscle is more *dense* than fat, therefore the same weight will take up less space.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I call BS. I'd bet dollars to donuts that a pound of hammers weighs more than a pound of feathers. I mean seriously, think about it before you post. :S :)

Does a pound of dollars weigh more than a pound of donuts?
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

remember, muscle weighs more than fat. get rid of your scale and by a set of fat calipers and a tape measure. don't let a scale measure your results. you'll probably be more satisfied knowing you didn't loose weight, but lost 5% of your body fat, than say, loosing 5 pounds but still feel heavy. stick with it kid, you'll do fabulous.

I'm doubting that it's muscle. The reason that I stepped onto the scale was that I realized that my clothes weren't fitting any differently. Plus, it's not like I had just started a workout routine. I workout a decent amount even throughout the holidays and studying (I just eat like crap during those times.)
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

This year when you're at Hinckley, wear a rubber-suit and sit closer to the fire. ;):D

Only if my whole team does it with me! (Isn't it a requirement to do everything together as a team?)

Only if you're having a marshmallow fight. :D
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

Ok, now that I've seen this twice on this thread...

Muscle does not actually weigh more than fat. A pound is a pound is a pound.

However ... muscle is more *dense* than fat, therefore the same weight will take up less space.

ok smarty pants, I stand corrected. :P
Mistakes-It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.