JumpNFly

friends of Bill W.

If your experience is going to be anything like mine was/is, things will get worse before they get better. My first year was pretty much a fog, my second through fifth, I was an exposed nerve. After year six things started to get better in a hurry.

My suggestion is to spend as much time with others in the program as possible. Even if they can't relate to jumping (and most can't / don't / won't), they can help in dealing with the noise. Who knows, you might be able to recruit a few of them to become jumpers as well.;)

My first year was very tough. I had alot of wreckage to deal with, but things got good around year 3. Finished University, got a good job and met the girl that's now my wife.

Life showed up around year seven though and I found out that you don't have to get high or drunk to make a mess of your life!!!!! Addiction has a weird way of popping up under different forms!!!! I'm glad I had close friends that helped me pulled my head out of my ass before everything went totally to shit....

I recently met Bill, and have read some of the stories in the big book. I've met some amazing people,

It's funny how you can relate to something that happend to people 60 years ago that is still happening today (verbatum) I was like no shit me to.

I remember reading this post when it first went up or when i noticed it, and said I don't have a problem.

Well guess what, I did and doo just don't drink any more. Man there were some bottoms that I have no time for. So I cut away and pulled silver.

Good luck people, IT WORKS IF YOU WORK IT.

Well guess what, I did and doo just don't drink any more. Man there were some bottoms that I have no time for. So I cut away and pulled silver.

Congrats. Amazing how recognizing and accepting one's limitations regarding consumption can open the door to realizing unimagined potential and enjoyment in so many other aspects of life. Personally, did not meet Bill (although I was prepared to seek him out ) but I had the good fortune of a few terrific, supportive friends and I was pumped about my life's new possibilities (returning to school).

July 10thish 1986 - last drink.

Still enjoy having a diet Coke & hanging with friends at bars, parties, around the campfire etc - if pressed to join in the drinking (by those unaware or forgetfull) I merely say I'm just not good at it - gave it a good try but not for me - I find people "get it" now more today & accept you are indeed having fun despite being in control of your faculties.

Enjoy

Brought this back up as I just Turned 5 on 2/10/07 How is everyone else doing? Hopefully your life Rocks as well :)

You've been reading my sig line B|
16 years and 7 months on the 10th of Feb:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Just rolled through 18 months sober. Almost killed me for real.

Have you ever had the dream where you wake up and you thought you had relapsed? You freak the fuck out and wanna die until you realize it was just a dream...........I hate that fuckin dream........
"It takes a big man to cry, it takes an even bigger man to make that big man cry"

Been awhile since I had a using dream Spider. I want to say it gets better but "Different" is a better term ;) Hang in there. I can promise you it is worth the ride. Same goes for you Dru. 17 months rocks your a month away from your "whiner" chip :)

And yes Squeak your sig line was one of the first things that stood out when I got on dz.com :)

And Broke....well I ain't a preacher..if it's workin' for ya then more power to ya. No one can decide if your an addict except you and if your not the praise the lord :)

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.