airtwardo

Houston Jails SUCK!

So . . . did they spring you . . . or did you bust out?

NickD :)BASE 194

18 hours waiting for a 2 am hearing before the 'Video Judge' cleared the paperwork, 12 more HOURS until release...:S

Just another case of "DA MAN fuckin' wit da LITTLE GUY!" >:(:P

Wife came to let me know what was going on...did the whole telephone / plexiglass thing...:$

She'd seen Midnight Express a few too many times...
"Oh BILLY!!!" :ph34r:;)

Said I had the whole 'Nick Nolte' look going for me, 12 hours in!
[Evil]:)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Just accept your a criminal dude.. As for the Atlanta jail, it fucking sucks. While you were in the Texas jail did you let them know their village idiot is roaming around DC somewhere

Yea, I've got a deal in the works, I say we Give the idiot back to Texas, Give Texas back to mexico, to punish them for doing such a thing to the rest of the nation... & we won't even have to change the flag, we'll just leave the 50th star on it, assign it to & make Puerto Rico an honorary state, as it's a territory anyway!
*My Inner Child is A Fucking Prick Too!
*Everyones entitled to be stupid but you are abusing the priviledge
*Well I'd love to stay & chat, But youre a total Bitch! {Stewie}

I say we go make a citizen's arrest on the cop that couldn't figure out that you were not the guy. Charge: Breathing to much of the air that could help humans live.

All in all...I can't really complain about the copperdude...

He was 'professional' and was 'in his eyes' doing his job.[:/]

I tried to reason with him, but as he said...if it IS you and I let you skate, I'm in trouble for NOT making the arrest...which I honestly do understand. :)

My point is that he wasn't given any leeway to make a judgement call, at least in his eyes, or that there isn't an effective 'back up double check just in case thingie' ...and that once in the system you're guilty until proven otherwise...and being treated like a 'hardened criminal' for a petty offence, real or not, was an eye opening experience that I wouldn't recommend to ANYONE! :S

Ok - you MAY be right . . . ;) But something should be done - we need to make airtwardo an activist. SOMETHING should be done to reimburse you for your trouble.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

SOMETHING should be done to reimburse you for your trouble...

We talking free jumps for life here, or pizza and a blowjob kinda thing?! :$

Like - umm - what ever your day and night that you spent there is functionally worth to you.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

SOMETHING should be done to reimburse you for your trouble.

The way they see it at most jails, you should pay them more for having to babysit you. :S
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

OK, I'll concede that the whole deal was raw, but....you know-every time I've seen you, I instanty think, "That's one guilty looking mofo"
Of course, you're more likely to be guilty of the murder of Thomas Becket or possible complicity in the Gunpowder Plot than of anything recent
:P
I am not the man. But the man knows my name...and he's worried

We talking free jumps for life here, or pizza and a blowjob kinda thing?!

The last item he's likely to recieve in the big house whether he wants it or not & Then some!:D:D:D:D
Soap on a rope!
*My Inner Child is A Fucking Prick Too!
*Everyones entitled to be stupid but you are abusing the priviledge
*Well I'd love to stay & chat, But youre a total Bitch! {Stewie}

One night in jail and you are already looking deeply in to my eyes. That must have been a most tenuous hold on heterosexuality that you had.
:S

I didn't say DEEP into your eyes...that would be nauseating, kinda like the twilight zone opening! :S

But I gotta admit, it's funny talking to ya, I've never seen someone sweat so much from the physical exertion of BLINKING!

:ph34r:

One night in jail and you are already looking deeply in to my eyes. That must have been a most tenuous hold on heterosexuality that you had.
:S

I didn't say DEEP into your eyes...that would be nauseating, kinda like the twilight zone opening! :S

But I gotta admit, it's funny talking to ya, I've never seen someone sweat so much from the physical exertion of BLINKING!

:ph34r:

Kind of a new spin on the whole - "My Eyelids are Getting Heavy" thing, huh?

Just out of curiosity- why did you get stopped in the first place?

I asked that too...OF COURSE! ;)

"We've been looking for you, you have outstanding warrants..." is what I was told. :S

All I can think of is...someone somewhere ran the name because of an outstanding warrant, Houston was trying to clear up a bunch of those at the end of last year...and my name linked to the current Texas address and vehicle..he stopped the vehicle in the hope of finding ME! (I think)

Small suburb of H-town, not a lot going on...he had my name and current plate number of both my and the wifes car, on a post it note in his clip board...:S

Pretty weird because he did initiate our conversation by the old ~Know why I stopped you?

I said...not speeding, headlights are on, I used my blinker, and I don't drink...I HAVE NO IDEA!:)

that's when he hit me with ~ You have a couple of outstanding...:o

Maybe you should try the ACLU . . . that was a civil liberty after all - but I don't know if you fit any of the other requirements.

Middle class, middle age, white guys.. need not apply?! ;)

I did make a call to a friend this morning, I was told:

'simple error, no malicious intent'

and ...

What do ya wanna spend to make a point?!

Case closed...I'm wiser, and skinny-er, and have a 2 day jump on my stop smoking plan!

Like Turtle said, you could write a letter to the editor of Houston's newspaper for printing in the editorials and ream the police dept there. Won't cost a cent to you.

I was involved in a case of mistaken identity too years ago, but my experience was nothing like yours. I got a letter in the mail from a small town police dept in a metro area of 1 million people. Said that I have outstanding warrants for a lot of small stuff and want me to come to the station, (yeah right). :S So my co-worker calls them for me and the officer says it is probably mistaken identity but it would help them clear it up if I show up. So I go. Detective takes one look at me, softens up and invites me in to his office. Shows me a picture of some 50+ scraggly dude with a missing middle finger and a tattoo. He had the same name as me, including the same middle initial. They contacted me because he at one time lived in the same town I did for a while in another part of the metro area. He is a career criminal/no-good-for-nothing bum. Detective says I'm free to go, but then asks, what's my dad's name? :S

For what it's worth, there were THREE William H Vance's in the metro area phone book. One of them died a while back too and I got questions at work asking if it was my dad too because they saw the obituary. :D

Back to speaking your mind when you've been wronged, I sure as hell don't mince words when I have to say something. I had a problem with a town councilman who felt my "no trespassing" signs violated town codes and took up my signs. I reamed town council in a letter saying they had better things to do than pick on a good upstanding citizen, like getting all the damn trash picked up along main road, which was looking like a pigsty then. Three days later there were full trashbags lining the road every 200 yards or so, and a couple more days those were picked up too.

Fuck yeah. :|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban