catfishhunter

2 Helments and a New Container and Resever in exhange for...

I was gonna do a base course this summer, but I got told no, no way, no. Says I can skydive, but im not allowed to BASE, she says its too dangerous. Plus we have a sprog on the way. But damn man, i wish she made me a deal like that before i agreed.
Some dream of flying, i live the dream...

OK, guess I missed the part about you getting married so CONGRATS! I haven't seen you in awhile and there is so much stuff on here when I get on I'm overwhelmed.

Now to BASE jumping. I promised Mark I wouldn't BASE, but then I've never really wanted to anyway so it was no big deal. Having 2 kids makes you think about things differently. Being married changes things. That said I think it should be a decision between you, your wife and the kids. How does Peanut feel about it? Of course that is just my opinion and how I see things.

Congrats again...best of luck with the new marriage.

Hugs,
Lisa

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

Hey! That's WAY better than the deal I offered my husband! :)
I said, "If you ever even talk to these guys about contemplating the idea of thinking about attempting to believe in the possibility of you ever coming within 500 feet of a BASE rig I'll break your fuckin' legs, Tonya Harding style."

:)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Hi Lisa! Sorry about not keeping you up on things. I am such a terrible frined :( We actually got married December 8th. But a quick synopsis of the last few months. On Nov 7th we bought the assest of the company I used to work for and started a new company, we bought a house got married had a grand opening both of us moved into the new house and was going through a custody battle with the mother of my son all in 5 weeks. The we had Christmas then new years then a honeymoon then I left for a week of training all in the next 3 weeks after the first 5... :) We just tell people we had a combined mid life crisis and decided to get everything out of the way all at once :D

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

Hey! That's WAY better than the deal I offered my husband! :)
I said, "If you ever even talk to these guys about contemplating the idea of thinking about attempting to believe in the possibility of you ever coming within 500 feet of a BASE rig I'll break your fuckin' legs, Tonya Harding style."

:)

You could just give him a few months and let him brake his legs while on it:)

Nah that's not cool:$

Actually I have to admit that it was Corliss's "a year in the life" that made me start skydiving in the first place, I hope in three year's time to be traveling to Twin Falls for a course.B|
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

In reply to:
My dad offered free flying lessons and whatever it takes for me to quit skydiving.
Um, wouldn't it be best if anyone in, &/or operating an aerocraft, be skilled, & well... experienced in the practice of exiting, that aerocraft under any or all circumstances, good, bad or indifferent?:|
*My Inner Child is A Fucking Prick Too!
*Everyones entitled to be stupid but you are abusing the priviledge
*Well I'd love to stay & chat, But youre a total Bitch! {Stewie}

If you take the deal, you'll want to BASE jump and not be able to, and that will drive you crazy for the rest of your life. If you want to BASE jump now, it's an easy decision. Since you're already married the money probably gets shared anyway.

From your first post it sounds like you've already been thinking about it, so if you get the new gear now, in a few years you'll get bored with it and keep watching BASE videos and wanting to try it. You could always just get the other stuff when you can afford it later if you decide to BASE jump first.

Of course BASE is a personal decision and you need to be okay with it, and the consequences to your family and friends. Only go for the deal if you've already decided never to try it, and even then I wouldn't do it, just in case you later change your mind. You shouldn't need encouraging from anybody else but yourself to BASE jump.

...Agreeing to never base jump. That was the deal my wife offered me yesterday. I get a New Camera Helment and a new Mamba and I get to order a New Container, anyone I want with all the options I want along with a new reserve (Already have a new Sabre2 210 on order) I just have promise to never Base jump and to quick asking her about it..

So what do you think? Deal or No Deal?

No deal.

While BASE jumping is extremely dangerous and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, if BASE is in your nature it'll find you and you'd be missing a lot without it.

I thought about it and if I was 20 years younger no way would I even contemplate it but I will be 41 this year. I am also 6'2" 230 lbs and the only realistic way for me to base would be to get my own gear as none of the locals have gear that would be safe for me to jump off the potato bridge with. So I can live with my decision not to and the most important thing my Daughter and Son and my Wife just might live with me a little longer.

This thread has been really fun and for those that think my wife is Evil ROFLMAO Thanks :) It has been great to tease her with the numbers

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.