Rainbo

Proud dad, sad daughter

So yesterday my daughters basketball team played in their conference championship tournament. Of course it was against their arch rival from down the highway and well you can guessfrom the title they lost, three point and it wasn't decided until the last minute of the game. So I have always been one to kick myself in the ass for not winning and now I find myself trying to explain how how winning isn't everything, talk about life lessons.

Anyway the first time they played this year Steph only got about two minutes of playing time and the other teams center scores like 24 points on us. Well for the big game the coach had Steph in most of the game because she has a killer defense. And her job was keep the center out of the game. This center has about 8 inches on her but Steph was all over her and she never got into the game, only 4 points in total and none when Steph was on her. I tried to explain how she did the job that the team needed her to do do and how she should be proud of her accomplishment, but you know how that goes when you have have a hurt inside and are young.

Anyway, I thought I'd let everyone know, STEPH ROCKS...:)
Rainbo
TheSpeedTriple - Speed is everything
"Blessed are those who can give without remembering, and take without forgetting."

You'll find the words that she'll understand.

BTW "Dad" rocks also.
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

So yesterday my daughters basketball team played in their conference championship tournament. Of course it was against their arch rival from down the highway and well you can guessfrom the title they lost, three point and it wasn't decided until the last minute of the game. So I have always been one to kick myself in the ass for not winning and now I find myself trying to explain how how winning isn't everything, talk about life lessons.

Anyway the first time they played this year Steph only got about two minutes of playing time and the other teams center scores like 24 points on us. Well for the big game the coach had Steph in most of the game because she has a killer defense. And her job was keep the center out of the game. This center has about 8 inches on her but Steph was all over her and she never got into the game, only 4 points in total and none when Steph was on her. I tried to explain how she did the job that the team needed her to do do and how she should be proud of her accomplishment, but you know how that goes when you have have a hurt inside and are young.

Anyway, I thought I'd let everyone know, STEPH ROCKS...:)

She did great. Congrats to you both.
2 BITS....4 BITS....6 BITS....A DOLLAR!....ALL FOR THE GATORS....STAND UP AND HOLLER!!!!

I totally understand where you're coming from. Congrats on raising a hard-working daughter! B|
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon