smiler

Recurrency

Hi there,

I have 1700 jumps since 2000 but haven't jumped since July 08. I probably won't get to jump until around March 2010 now. I have BPA ratings and membership (AFF, static line, rigger, various coach quals) and a USPA licence and membership but no USPA ratings.

If I do my first jump back in the States, would there be any currency requirements that I'd need to be aware of - anything like a check dive or going through EPs? I'm still an active instructor/rigger on the ground and tunnel fly quite a lot, if that makes a difference. I'm planning a couple of hundred jumps in the States and I'm just trying to decide whether it would be less hassle to get a few jumps in back home in the UK first, to avoid currency problems if there are any. Also the DZ I was planning on going to in the States will be Lodi, does that make a difference as it's non-USPA?

Thanks in advance
www.wingin-it.co.uk
Wingin' It wingsuit school

Most dropzones I have been to never ask to see my logbook once they see my license. You are probably in the same boat.

Also note that the currency requirements in the SIM use the word "should" not shall or must. Some people figure that once you have a D license that is all you need. I know many people who have not even logged a jump in years.

With that being said, I too think you should do a recurrency jump if only for liability reasons.