skydiverbry

Raw Eggs

Ok,Just some thoughts and opinion. Yesterday my son wanted me to make him some eggs. Being a smart ass I told him the just to eat them raw. Now I know that there is a high potential of food poisoning. But how bad are they really?I tried it in the past no taste,but it freaks people out. Any benifits? Didn't sleep all nite so this is the stuff that keeps running in my mind. Any opinions?
Bry
--------------------------------------------------
Growing old is mandatory.Growing up is optional!!

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)

I bet you wont see this comming.... Your body cannot digest raw egg protien. Which means theres no benifits, only bad gas!! Microwave them for a short time and throw them in a blender with some milk.. thats what I do when Im in a rush.

Ok,you were right! I never have heard of that one. Do you know why it can't digest that type of protien?And how would cooking them make it more digestable?
Bry

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)

It not that I stayed up worrying about that! Just I have chronic back pain and when it kicks it,well no sleep. It just keep popping in my head,so,well,post whore it. I finished all of the "important" stuff.

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)

I bet you wont see this comming.... Your body cannot digest raw egg protien. Which means theres no benifits, only bad gas!! Microwave them for a short time and throw them in a blender with some milk.. thats what I do when Im in a rush.

I thought it was the other way around? I know raw egg whites will soak up one of the B vitamins (so you could develop a deficiency). Usually cooking (and microwaving) distorts protein shape. Not all proteins, once they unfold due to heat, fold back into their original shape.

Those who do, can't explain. Those who don't, can't understand.

My ex used to throw raw eggs in milk before going to the gym, and I thaught it was the guinness he was sneaking lol
```````````````````````````````````
" Cant keep a good woman down "
Angels have wings, but devils can fly !

Well you got me to thinking, and this is what I found:

Cooked egg protein absorbation - ~90% (+/- 1%)
Raw egg protein absorbation - ~50% (+/- 10%)

From this paper

Well I used to be a serious work out guy and one of my best friends who was not just a trainer but had a degree in health told me that, I understand he could be wrong but he did this for a living so I felt it was a reliable source, hope i'm not leading you astray!! I'll try and surf the net for some info

My primary new recommendation, and the one I now follow, is to separate the yolks from the whites so you can cook the whites and consume the yolks uncooked, or raw. The white can be cooked and eaten on its own. Although cooking the white reduces the nutrient quality and perhaps increases allergic sensitivities to some, the avidin in the egg white breaks down when cooked to 100 degrees Centigrade, therefore releasing the biotin back for your absorption and virtually eliminating any risk of biotin deficiency

Hope that helped i got that on line, it seems cooking the whites helps the risk of a biotin deficiency

Now you got me thinking lol he did used to seperate the yokes from the whites.
```````````````````````````````````
" Cant keep a good woman down "
Angels have wings, but devils can fly !

Look at that we learned something today :o

Back to the original issue, statistically the odds of you eating an egg with salmonella is about 1 in 30,000. Combine it with the other facts like protein absorption, biotin deficiency, and mad gas (and lazyness) then decide

I don't get why people can eat raw eggs yet we cannot eat chicken that is undercooked. This has bugged me for a long time. Please enlighten.
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

trainer but had a degree in health

As a source of healthcare and side effects of things you consume I have found personal trainers to be slightly better than drug dealers. They seem to spout fads more often than facts and most of what they know is from other people in the gym.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

I don't get why people can eat raw eggs yet we cannot eat chicken that is undercooked. This has bugged me for a long time. Please enlighten.

All I can say is commercial chickens are produced in what amounts to a urine and feces warehouse. At least eggs have an impermeable shell which stays intact until it gets to you.

The chicken on the other goes through all sorts of violent processing that lets the manure penetrate into the muscle meat.

Same with hamburger actually.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

All I can say is commercial chickens are produced in what amounts to a urine and feces warehouse. At least eggs have an impermeable shell which stays intact until it gets to you.

The chicken on the other goes through all sorts of violent processing that lets the manure penetrate into the muscle meat.

Same with hamburger actually.

Are you vegetarian/vegan?
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.