Miami

eBay sniping

Ok, pretty proud of myself for a righteous snipe tonight for a hard drive I'd had my eye on for a while and it made me think of previous threads about ebay and sniping...what are peoples thoughts on it now? Is it becoming common sense that it is nonsense to place a bid early in an auction?
Miami

ive been using ebay for close to 5 years now..and i quit putting a bid on early in the auction. Im one of the people that wait until literally the last 30 seconds of the auction...and then join the bid war. its pointless to do otherwise.
"Age has absolutely nothing to do with knowledge, learning, respect, attitude, or personality." -yardhippie
"Fight the air, and the air will kick your ass!!! "-Specialkaye

Me too. It's kind of amusing (well, annoying is it's an item I'm going to bid on) to watch people bid something way up days before the auction is going to end. What's the point?

Yep, it's exaclty what I do, unless I really need the item right away, then I seach only for buy it now items, find the best deal (price+shipping) and DONE!
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1