parafredo

HMA

I loaded my Nitro (750 I believe) at about 1.8 for nearly around 600 jumps, before I broke 2 suspension lines,also, Id say that 95% of the landings were high performance.
I have heard of others breaking around that point and some going longer.

Id say if they broke at that number of jumps its some small HMA, but even the 350 is supposed to last about 350 jumps isn't it?
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Not packed in a sandy area and actually,fibre start to cut slowly into the loop connection,just around the PD soft link.Maybe the bartack surface on the soft link cause a certain friction on the loop inner part.I'm just sceptic that HMA is better than Vectran under certain condition caused by friction.PD is aware of this situation and they will have a look at it.Thanks for replying this post

when HMA breaks, it brakes just past where the finger trap ends. Something to do with then wear, load, etc in that particular area.

What color are your lines? My understanding is origina HMA lines were a tan color. I believe that now with Technora (HMA) the lines are much more resistant to UV than orginal HMA.

I spose the above is more of a question than a statement as Im not sure of all that.
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865