SkydiveStMarys

American Idol 2007

she was RIDICULOUS tonight.. holy crap

seriously i have got to hand it to simon - it is VERY rare that i disagree with what he has to say - people don't like him because he's realistic - sure sometimes hes an ass but it's a tv show - they need ratings and he delivers every time - sometimes to be honest i think randy is more harsh than simon... oh well

couple of good ones tonight - but big bird and that last chick were horrendous - they got their 15 minutes... can't wait to see tomorrow - looks pretty interesting!
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

Big Bird snuck in over the age limit..I Knew she wasn't under 30, but when she said she was 50 I gave her props for even TRYING it. There's always one every year and she was a little off in the costume but..she didn't sound TOO bad.

Paula being gone for 'a Family Emergency' at the last part of the show was just ridiculous. What are they waiting for? To have an ambulance pick her up in the middle of auditions?

Okay, I DO laugh at her and I watch her sometimes more than the contestants, but she's going to do a header off the desk one day and break her friggin' neck.

REHAB Paula!!! I'm sure somewhere someone cares about you! Think of your Family and who is going to take care of you once you break your fool neck. Sincerely, 2nd Cousin 2x Removed on Your Father's Side (hook up the living will, GF)---April Abdul;)

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!

hahah did you see her when the jack osbourne look-alike was singing - she was out of control

she actually said on camera that she has never been drunk before in her life - either she was drunk when she said it, or shes on something else
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

couple of good ones tonight - but big bird and that last chick were horrendous - they got their 15 minutes... can't wait to see tomorrow - looks pretty interesting!

At least for the most part, people given bad news just took it, said thanks and moved on. I got worried with the first girl that tonight was going to be the same soap opera auditions as last week, but it was pretty darn pleasant in comparison.

I think it's frustrating to see the quick montage of those moving on and realize that we never saw 3/4 of them. Of course we'll see plenty of them down the road, but it kind of sucks not seeing the good ones in the initial audition.
Killing threads since 2004.

At least for the most part, people given bad news just took it, said thanks and moved on. I got worried with the first girl that tonight was going to be the same soap opera auditions as last week, but it was pretty darn pleasant in comparison.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
True Southern Hospitality....

Last week they were in New York and what scared me most was NOT the singing or the judges partied till 3 am...

...but the hostility! We saw more Security last week, less this week. Maybe thats where Paula went (to the Brig, but) the people from Alabama were most kind. Maybe because they were scared of Paula falling off her chair or that mysterious bucket under her side of the desk:(~~April

True Southern Hospitality....
Maybe because they were scared of Paula falling off her chair or that mysterious bucket under her side of the desk:(~~April

You know who I want to be? I want to be the person sitting just inside the door handing out the yellow tickets. She is witness to everything! I'm sure I'd want to shoot myself by the end of the day, but I'm sure she's got some stories to tell (or sell...)!

Oh, and I didn't get quite as excited about that last guy as Paula, but he totally won me over with his comment that his reason for being there was to make David Hasslehoff cry! He seems like a pretty cool guy that might stick around for a while as a crowd favorite even if he doesn't quite keep up vocally.

Last nights show seemed tamer...I really liked the guy with the white boy fro. He was fun AND he seemed like he could sing...I guess we'll see whats happens when he gets to Hollyweird!! The 50 yr old woman dressed as Big Bird was a little nightmarish.:S:o

Bobbi
A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

i hate the fact that i love this show so much
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
code blue!! code blue...drunk down in the middle...I repeat..drunk down in the middle!!

She can play it off anyway she likes it...that she was blown away by the contestants voice, but I don't care. I KNEW she was going down!!!

I should be making book on her in Vegas or selling knee pads.~~~April
(In case you don't get it, Paula fell out of her chair!)

Aw geeze... I missed it! I miss everything![:/]

Chuck

This part I don't get and I blame Simon. Cousin It comes in to audition. Simon of course knows ahead of time that she has a mother that looks just like her...we'll call her Auntie It. Simon tells Cousin It to bring Auntie It in for the audition. Well It sings and she's got a fairly nice voice. Simon then rags on her telling her she sounded like she was auditioning for her mother. WTF? Cousin It seemed confident enough to audition on her own. It was Simon who brought in her mother.:S Anyway, It's voice was nice but I thought it was more suited for a choir or maybe musical theatre.

I saw Big Bird ladie on Fox and Friends this morning. She's nuts but pretty funny. Her sister put her up to the whole thing.

I really liked the guy that wants to make David Hasselhoff cry. Great sense of humor and a decent voice.

And did Paula actually fall out of her chair? I thought she just swiveled it around to barf in a bucket or something.:|

I love this show!

Chris

Yeah! It's addictive! Simon, to me, is a self-absorbed, self-indulgent, arrogant jerk.
I thought, I saw what you saw. It appeared as though Paula turned in her chair and one knee appeared to be close to the floor. I like Paula. I've always thought she was pretty hot. Some of her music videos are... good.;)

Chuck

5 minutes to go - wahoooo - bring on the crappy singers, arrogance, and drunkiness - i cant wait :)

my review will follow:P

What she did was sit front in her chair and the next shot she was on her knees with her elbows on the table and her face right up on the table top.

I didn't care if she slid and had her dress over her head fully passed out, I knew she was coming out of that chair one way or the other.

Later, they said she couldn't make it the next morning due to a family emergency (can you say INTERVENTION, boys and girls?).
~~April

she is getting more and more out of control...

but anyway the guy that was a backup singer for christina was great - i think she wet herself watching him

this show is amazing in the sense that you get to learn some generalities about people and where they live... i am a ny'r and unfortunately the ny'rs came across as rude - (we are not all that way) - the south was filled with polite "thank you sir, thank you ma'am" etc - and LA just couldnt get it through their heads that they sucked and they all begged and pleaded to stay - who knows what next week will bring

maybe another awesome duo with grills :)

Tonight didn't really do much for me, good or bad. I did like Christina's backup singer, seems like he'll be the type to stay out of the drama and just sing. Often that type gets overlooked though.

The bad still wasn't quite as bad as the bad in NYC, with all the soap opera acting and pleading to stay. I kinda wanted to slap the little "rock star" that brought her mom back in on her own. WTF!

Sherman was a pretty cool dude. I'm glad that let him in to do his thing.

I'm still frustrated at only seeing 1/4 of the people that they actually put through!!! Next week it should start getting better as they realize how many people just had a good audition and really shouldn't have made it through!

I really don't give a shit about American Idol, unless somebody from Birmingham, AL finds their way into the final as someone almost always do. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Maybe that's because you're fucking deaf?

Chris

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what took you so long to figure that out??

I was busy insulting Sunshine in her flooded washer thread. A man can't be everywhere.:D

Chris

I vote for Sherman as the next American Idol. I honestly think I had a tear in my eye. I don't care if he's too old. He sang that song brilliantly.

Chris

My daughter was quick to laugh at me as I furtively wiped away the tears. What a sweety!:)