skymama

Planet Earth on Discovery Channel

The version they showed about the desert earlier today was absolutely hilarious. I don't know how the narrator, Sigorney Weaver, kept a steady voice while reading the dialogue on the "wild ass". "The female ass is even more unpredictable..." I about projectile spit beer on my 60" tv screen when I heard that line.:D Who ever wrote the dialogue was definatly using a double entendre.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

http://www.skydivingmovies.com/ver2/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=5632

I don't understand why they changed narrators though.
The Brittish version, with David Attenborough, is way better.
There is also "The "Blue Planet", also with David attenborough as narrator. It's about life in the seas and oceans. Also a very cool series. I always watch an episode of planet earth or the blue planet on my computer before i go to sleep, it calmes me down :)
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane"

Was any one else having a heart attack when they saw the cave scuba divers squeezing threw the rocks?
I think I shit my self and held my breath at the same time..... a very hard thing to do.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Yea and they were going threw some very tight openings if a line is punctured that’s it you are done.

I think when they were in the wide area of the cave it was cool very freaky but still cool. The small spaces under water HELL NO and I am not even claustrophobic.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

I don't understand why they changed narrators though.

So that Discovery Channel can pretend it was an American made programme:P

I would have really prefered the English narration. Either way the show is stunning! B|

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

I would have really prefered the English narration. Either way the show is stunning!

yea its like when frenchies go and dub an english or american movie, its so lame, your supposed to see a movie in its original state with the original sound sof the cast, otherwise the whole movie is screwed IMO
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane"

I would have really preferred the English narration. Either way the show is stunning! [Cool]

No doubt.

David Attenborough is one of my my all time heroes. What a life!

He's really got this relaxing way when he narrate. Weaver, has an ok voice for the job. But I just can't get over the fact I keep looking for an Alien to pop out of a cave or something and try to kill everything on the screen.

I'm very curious if when I go to purchase my DVD set in HD DVD / Bluray will they give the option of the BBC version or the Discovery Channel version. Hmmm

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

He's really got this relaxing way when he narrate. Weaver, has an ok voice for the job. But I just can't get over the fact I keep looking for an Alien to pop out of a cave or something and try to kill everything on the screen.

:D

True:P But for me it's more for the fact that David Attenborough has the knowledge to back up his narration. People like Weaver (or whatever rent-a-celeb is narrating whichever series) are just reading from a script. Attenborough is involved with the programme, and has more knowledge about the natural world contained in his little finger than most people will ever have.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?