LyraM45

So, how did you get your first job??

It's in Orlando, but its supposed to be for the whole state....

UCF Career Services & Experiential Learning, in partnership with Florida Career Centers, is pleased to announce the 19th Annual Statewide Job Fair. This event offers students an excellent opportunity to meet employers recruiting current students and recent graduates for full-time professional opportunities.

19th Annual Statewide Job Fair
Thursday, May 10, 2007
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
UCF Arena

Professional attire is required. Men: suit, dress shirt with tie and socks. Women: suit, blouse with appropriate hosiery. Bring up-to-date resumes!

This event is sponsored by Florida Career Centers. For more information, call 407-823-2361 or e-mail [email protected].

I knew somebody...my brother.

He got me in and I took it from there...20+ years worth from grunt Field Tech to Operations Coordinator overseeing up to 60+ people.

My very first non-career job, my boss thought I stole it because after 2 weeks he called me in and took it back.
:D:D:D

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I had a lowly paid drafting job at a large aerospace company without a college degree, although it was through a contractor. Made some friends in the dept I was in. I went back to school to get my Associates Degree. One of my friends from that job knew I was looking for a new job as she was. She passed my name on to a firm that hires technical workers for other companies after she turned down their offer. BAM, I had an offer to go do a job interview in a city 90 miles away from home just a week after receiving my degree. BAM, got the job. BAM, uprooted my life and moved down there. Every subsequent job I've had since that first one has been through word-of-mouth via co-workers and friends at work. It's nice to have a network like that.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

...Every subsequent job I've had since that first one has been through word-of-mouth via co-workers and friends at work. It's nice to have a network like that.

Can't hold a job, Billy?
:D:D:D:P
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

...Every subsequent job I've had since that first one has been through word-of-mouth via co-workers and friends at work. It's nice to have a network like that.

Can't hold a job, Billy?
:D:D:D:P

What can I say? ADHD and boredom makes it hard. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban