BillyVance

Ouch!!!

Colorado State University was having their spring game and this happened. Poor kid will be okay, but the video was sickening. B|B|B|

I surely hope the NCAA will do the right thing and ban kids under a certain age from being on the sidelines. They're absolutely no match for a 200+ lb fully grown football player coming at them full speed.

http://sports.aol.com/ncaafb/story/_a/boy-recovering-after-run-in-on-sidelines/20070424091709990001#video
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Colorado State University was having their spring game and this happened. Poor kid will be okay, but the video was sickening. B|B|B|

I surely hope the NCAA will do the right thing and ban kids under a certain age from being on the sidelines. They're absolutely no match for a 200+ lb fully grown football player coming at them full speed.

http://sports.aol.com/ncaafb/story/_a/boy-recovering-after-run-in-on-sidelines/20070424091709990001#video

Where were his parents?

or should I just refer to them as the people that neglected the responsibility of taking adequate care of their child?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Where were his parents?

His dad was right there just a few feet away. You'll see him in the red/white striped shirt.

I wonder what the mom had to say though... bet the daddy's sleeping on the couch for a week. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

"It was kind of scary 'cause I got bonked by the football," the boy said, hugging his own football. "It kind of hurted."

If ya go through the stills, looks like the receiver TRIED to take as much of it himself as he could...

Gotta keep them porch monkeys ON THE PORCH!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

"It was kind of scary 'cause I got bonked by the football," the boy said, hugging his own football. "It kind of hurted."

If ya go through the stills, looks like the receiver TRIED to take as much of it himself as he could...

It actually looked like the receiver's helmet had a direct strike on the boy's head though. B|

It actually looked like the receiver's helmet had a direct strike on the boy's head though. B|

From the stills..looks more like the face mask, I think the shell would have done a LOT more damage..

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Guess there's a REASON you don't have kids! :S

Oh there ARE reasons, but laughing at this video isn't one of them:D:D

OK - so Add "SHOULDN'T" to the sentance and it make it more correct.:ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

From the stills..looks more like the face mask, I think the shell would have done a LOT more damage..

Yep, I should have said facemask. Still ouch... you could immediately see the cut as soon as the player held the kid up. [:/]

Saw that on CNN at lunch.
That kids parent should be kicked upside the head for letting their kid even be near the potential path of that freight train. Do they let him play in the street also? :S

Im with Linder, and Brains, submit that shit for Funniest Home Videos! :D

Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Saw that on CNN at lunch.
That kids parent should be kicked upside the head for letting their kid even be near the potential path of that freight train. Do they let him play in the street also? :S

Im with Linder, and Brains, submit that shit for Funniest Home Videos! :D

I would have thought the same way a couple of years ago. But now I'm a dad to a 1 year old and the collision made me cringe. But yeah, that dad oughta be kicked upside his head. Like I said earlier, he's probably sleeping on the couch for a while, or in the basement.... :P

The video was actually shown on our local news last night. I just wish I could have seen the player's face as he dove in to the kid... Poor guy...

The news also said they plan on changing the rules and to no longer allow family members on the field while the ball is in play... :S

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

I would have thought the same way a couple of years ago. But now I'm a dad to a 1 year old and the collision made me cringe.

I never said it didn't make me cringe. That's actually *why* it's so damn funny.

Well, if they put THAT in a JACKASS sequel, I'd probably laugh too... :D

Well, if you let your kid play in the street, we'll just kick you upside the head! :o:D:P

No way in hell am I going to let her play in the street. Speed limit's 40. She's got 3 1/2 acres to play on, and she's not getting out of my eyesight. :|

Oh well, at least that kid at the game will have a "badge of honor" to talk about for years to come. :D

I can't watch the video at work. I only saw a brief video while I was working out this morning. I did see a paramedic (trainer?) put on rubber gloves. Was the kid cut? I don't see how he could have not been from the velocity of the blow. The FB player was laying on his back for a while as well. Was he hurt or upset for hitting the kid?

NEVERMIND! Someone sent me the text from the article. I hope the kid continues to do well. He'll have a story to tell.

steveOrino

I can't watch the video at work. I only saw a brief video while I was working out this morning. I did see a paramedic (trainer?) put on rubber gloves. Was the kid cut? I don't see how he could have not been from the velocity of the blow. The FB player was laying on his back for a while as well. Was he hurt or upset for hitting the kid?

The kid sustained an immediately visible cut on his forehead (just before the blood started to flow). Looks like something on the facemask caused the cut. Since the football player held the kid up immediately after the collision, I don't think he was hurt, probably just stunned at what just happened.

No shit, especially if they aren't under the very close supervision of a parent. That's like leaving your kid unattended in a busy parking lot. Then again, people frequently fail to see what's really dangerous before they find out the hardway...
Gravity Waits for No One.

No shit, especially if they aren't under the very close supervision of a parent. That's like leaving your kid unattended in a busy parking lot. Then again, people frequently fail to see what's really dangerous before they find out the hardway...

Absolutely. The father and his daughter were just a few feet away. The girl looked big enough to know better than to stray away from her dad though, but the little kid should have been at home with a baby sitter or on a very short leash with daddy.

Hell they would have been better off in the seats.