LeapingGnome

TSR ROCKS

TSR was a good time. Fun, safe, well-organized, and no egos. Too bad we didn't get the sequential done, but back-to-back 150-way completions were great!

There was a great Alpha Team bench, and a number of people came up from the bench to be on the record.

Kudos to the organizers, who made use of every square inch of the DZ's fields for landings. Pick-up vehicles were in every area before people exited the planes. One jump had pick-up vehicles setting records for "furthest pick-up from the DZ". There were a few aircraft issues, quickly dealt with. Oxygen was perfect.

As always, it was good to see old friends and make new ones.

-Jack

OUTSTANDING
yeah, that's the word. OUTSTANDING

Skydive Spaceland put on a CLASS act--from pilots flying the tightest formations ever, to mandatory (and controlled) spread out landing areas, to a great group of volunteers, to an outstanding video team (and de-brief set up unlike any I have ever experienxced--and far superior), to a ROCK star "A" team led by Scott, to superior coordination from Tom, Jack, Jim and Steven, to the best group of jumpers assembled in this size range I have experienced.

Whew--that's a run on sentence but the event deserves it! I have no doubt that the sequential would have been probably had the weather gods smiled on us on Sunday.

Best quote? "What color is the streamer".

Best deployment? Jack. Pulling silver. In a 150 way. As the first pull out. Unforgettable visual.

Best usage of freeflyers in a 150 way? Trent Alkek wearing 17 pounds of lead and taped up booties going in the front 30 (and being a rock star there).

Best race to the base: Jay Henry and Jack Berke. Not that they were racing. Of course not. That wouldn't be allowed. But it was cool.

2nd best quote? Larry-- "I've got good news--I went 8 feet low on approach to the formation and didn't see anyone else low, so I got up and docked".

Best one toggle landing? Whitey--for surviving (and continuing to jump) after a toggle came off mid flare.

Best usage of powered scooters? Jen Jones

3rd best quote: Jack Berke--after seeing Larry go low and get up "If you had a lump of coal in your butt it would have come out a diamond".

Best 150 way team around--the TSR TEAM!!!

Thanks for letting me play with y'all. I look forward to returning and getting that second point next year on, shall we say, a 175 way?

And as for Jeanie Henry's 30 way? I have one comment on the exiting procedure, timing and subsequent landing area. My back was to the lights in the CASA. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Oh, and we meant to land there. Yeah, that's it. It was clear there....

blue skies
kate