bloody_trauma

omega sport and cayenne main?

yeah fish i been tryin to find some stuff out, but you know where i am, i wont be jumping for a little while to come so wince i dont have an instructor to lemme know im jsut doing a bit of research on my own, its a little pretentious for me to be thinking about gear at this pont i know, ive only made a tandem and am doin aff when i get out of here, i'm a pretty athletic guy and have a good arch, and i'm also good with my center of gravity and balance (i can stand on one hand for a few minutesB|) but yeah just shopping around, i want new gear but only after renting for a bit and trying out different canopies/containers,
Fly it like you stole it

some people (me included) have had friends scared/injured/killed with Omega rigs and the way the manufacturer dealt with these incidents was not satisfactory (in the eyes of the people concerned).

This is why I would not recommend the Omega. The latest version of the rig seems to have addressed the problem, but still it leaves a bitter taste in the mouth.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

I don't like this company's products much as well. Additional you should speak with you instructors about gear since buying a brand new gear when you just finished AFF might not be the best way since you might want other gear after a few hundred jumps.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.

Additional you should speak with you instructors about gear since buying a brand new gear when you just finished AFF might not be the best way since you might want other gear after a few hundred jumps.

If you would have read my previous post you would see that i already addressed that issue. i'm in iraq chief, move along now. thanks anyways though, im not about to get in a pissing contest about this.
Fly it like you stole it

Hi there,

I have an Omega M container and 170 Cayenne main (wingload 1.1). To be honest I'm quite happy about the system - no problems at all. The flap which cost two fatalities has been redesigned and it's not a problem for bigger containers like mine - however the change is done.
The canopy is a perfect glider - flies very good without loosing the altitude. The only problem with it is the opening characteristic. Not on heading - possibly some detail in packing method should change it to better but I’m still trying find the best way to do it. Closed end cells on opening every third time. Generally I like the system. In my opinion it doesn't have hard openings.
Above is my opinion only. About 50 jumps on the system yet.
Regards
JPS
PS
I'd like to hear others opinions about the system.
Back to Poland... back home.