MikeForsythe

Windows XP help

nope, does the same thing[:/]

mine did the exact same thing after i installed Rock box, it stipped doing after I uninstalled it.
HAVE YOU JUST INSTALLED SOME SOFTEWARE? oops
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

During the time that normally occurs between the XP startup screen and the sign in screen the computer keeps rebooting. I have disconnected everything except the hard drive, keyboard, mouse and monitor.

Link 1

Link 2

It sounds like a few people have had this problem before. You either have a virus or you need to do a re-install/ repair of XP with the re-install disk.

If that doesn't work... quit doing 270's in the pattern... MS-XP doesn't like that.

:P
"Buttons aren't toys." - Trillian
Ken

I hope I'm not too late, because I see this was posted some time ago.

First of all, after you press F8 at bootup, choose "last known good configuration."

If that works, the next thing you need to do is right click on "My Computer," choose "Properties," go to the "Advanced" tab, and choose "Settings" under "Startup and Recovery." Untick the box that says "Automatically restart."

That way, you'll be able to see the STOP code, and it will give you a better idea what's going on the next time something goes wrong.

If you're running antivirus software and you use an antispyware utility, it's probably not malware.

Let me know what happens (email, if you like). I wouldn't do a repair install right off the bat.
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb