Para_Frog

Coolest Hardware Award - 2007

Who is Blondie???

Glad to see she will recover well. She'll have a tough road ahead of her, especially the first month. Patience is a good thing.

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

My girlfriend, mother of 6 and resident BASE mascot/chef/bartender.

Name on here is TheBlondie - she'll be back to her computer Saturday-ish if anyone wants to send her well wishes directly, I think she'd like it - she's quite the rockstar at the hospital. The predominantly female staff (including the orthopaedic surgeon) admire her choice of body-breaking activity.
- Harvey, BASE 1232
TAN-I, IAD-I, S&TA

BLiNC Magazine Team Member

She's got me beat by a mile....
Heal fast!

I bet that wasn't very funny, was it?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I nursed an open book pelvic fracture (100% efaced on the front, 25% efaced on the back, and right sacroliac joint displace - low hook turn). The first surgery had him laid up (bed rest) for 1 month, total recovery time 4 months. The second surgery had him laid up for 2 months, total recovery time 5 months. He was back to skydiving exactly 1 year to the date after the accident.

Sending lots of quick healing vibes her way~

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Holy crap...that's a HELL of a place to break your arm. Youch.

It happened at a hell of a time, too-Just as I reached back to throw the drogue on a tandem.
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."

Holy crap...that's a HELL of a place to break your arm. Youch.

It happened at a hell of a time, too-Just as I reached back to throw the drogue on a tandem.

???? now you have to explain!!!:o

No shit. Blondie just lawn-darted under a streamer - sounds like you get the style points.
- Harvey, BASE 1232
TAN-I, IAD-I, S&TA

I nursed an open book pelvic fracture (100% efaced on the front, 25% efaced on the back, and right sacroliac joint displace - low hook turn). The first surgery had him laid up (bed rest) for 1 month, total recovery time 4 months. The second surgery had him laid up for 2 months, total recovery time 5 months. He was back to skydiving exactly 1 year to the date after the accident.

Sending lots of quick healing vibes her way~

g

She's got 4 fractures of the pelvis (both ischia and pubi) and split her sacrum right up the middle. They expected her to be in the hospital for a month. It'll be 2 weeks on the nose. She misses her kids BAD.

She's already won the pole in the walker 500 on the 4th floor. Freakish motivation to get back in the fight. She expects to be running again by Christmas.
- Harvey, BASE 1232
TAN-I, IAD-I, S&TA

I was doing a Tandem with a girl I had taken up 8 times before. Left the plane doing backflips, Got stable, grabbed the drogue handle, and my arm came apart. Lots of pain and the arm wasn't working. It felt like I had extracted the drogue about halfway, and waited a moment to see if the wind was going to take it, but it didn't. I deployed the reserve at 8,000ft. My student was confused because she was supposed to deploy the main on this jump. I told her I had a problem with my arm and that I had deployed the reserve. I told her we were going to relax for a moment and took inventory of what was working for us.
I told her that I was going to talk her through flying and landing us. She listened very carefully and did exactly what I told her, it was just like radioing down a first jump student. She is to be commended for remaining calm throughout the jump.
She didn't quite have enough strength to flare much, but enough that we didn't sustain any more injuries. We did roll over my arm on landing which was no fun whatsoever.

The break was caused by cancer-Multiple Myeloma. I had had some pain in my elbow, which was initially thought to be tennis elbow. I consider myself lucky, as the break clued us into the cancer pretty early.
I am currently in treatment for the cancer, and my arm is healing nicely. The break occurred January 6, and I was able to jump again (solo, of course) on April 28.B|

Didn't mean to hijack the thread, just wanted to encourage people to post their hardware pics...:)

"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."

Dude, that is the coolest tandem story ever - you guys should be on the Discovery Channel.

My first inkling was cancer (Dave Dravecky came to mind immediately when you said it was reaching for a drogue).

You're in my prayers my friend. Kick its ass.

- Chris
- Harvey, BASE 1232
TAN-I, IAD-I, S&TA