MLKSKY

Your Favorite Harness and Container System and Y

Jump Shack Racer ....it's what all other rigs wanna be!

Seriously, all the manufacturers out there these days make a good product. Layout and function are pretty much the same across the board. Not like the seventies and eighties. The only rig with any real benificial differences is the Racer. Superior reserve pin protection, faster reserve deployment and unmatched comfort.
"It's only arrogance if you can't back it up"

Seriously, all the manufacturers out there these days make a good product. Layout and function are pretty much the same across the board. Not like the seventies and eighties. The only rig with any real benificial differences is the Racer. Superior reserve pin protection, faster reserve deployment and unmatched comfort.

Brett, give us a break. :)
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Brett, give us a break. :)

I agree with Brett. add lightweight to that list. Nancy once said to me she could make a complete rig (including main and reserve which they manufacture) under 10 lbs.

rm

I agree with Brett. add lightweight to that list. Nancy once said to me she could make a complete rig (including main and reserve which they manufacture) under 10 lbs.

What is the point. Light weight went away with 10 speed stars. Today people wear a rig the size of a shaving kit and then put on lead to fall faster. Seems kind of silly to me.:)
(Nancy also says that no manufacture does testing with the same free bag they sell with their rig)[:/]

No Sparky! No!:o

Thread flash backs! thread flash backs!
She wasn't refering to rig manfacturers, she was refering to parachute manufacturers.

Please, let's not go there, the scars are still fresh!

Although, I like the comment about light weight rigs and wearing lead. It's like people who take the elevator up to thier apartment and then workout on the stairmaster!:P
I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.

rm

Sorry, dont mean to thread jack again... I'd be interested to know, next time its time for a reserve repack to weigh your main and reserve, with lines and links, and see what kind of weight limit we then have to work with for the container.

rm

Sorry, dont mean to thread jack again... I'd be interested to know, next time its time for a reserve repack to weigh your main and reserve, with lines and links, and see what kind of weight limit we then have to work with for the container.

I think you will find that just about every rig out there today, excluding student and tandem, will come in between 20 and 24 pounds. That is using a scale and not guess-ta-mating.

When parachute material weighs between 1 oz. and say 1.5 oz. per yard there is not that much difference in the weight of a 97 sq. ft. canopy and one that is 200 sq. ft.

rm

my rig is 18 pounds but I have relative large canopies and not a tiny rig. It may not be important to everyone but racers are the lightest rig out there. Here is a comment from Nancy when I asked her how light a power racer (ready to jump) could be....

"I'm sure if we made a step-in harness (no legstrap hardware), with a 97 AngelFire, and say
a 101 FireBolt, I could get it down to 8 pounds"

rm