SpecialKaye

quitting smoking...

August 3, 2004, last cigarette.

The cravings go down. they don't even truly go away, but they become totally managable.

Keep going! Good job!

I do however refuse to become a "born again non-smoker". When friends come to my house that smoke, I pull out an ash tray. Same thing in my car. My addiction is my problem, not theirs, and I am not in a position to judge others for smoking having done it myself.

Me either.

But my home is the one place on earth that I can be assured I will not be subjected to smoking and drinking. The rest of the world is out of my control and out there, if someone says "Mind if I smoke?" I say "Knock yourself out"

Keeping your home a haven is not judging others. Its being good to yourself.

Why would you want your house or car to smell like cigarettes if you
made a conscious choice to leave smoking behind???

Thats nuts man :)
I'm not a born again smoker or drinker either. Do what you like. Be happy. Smoke, drink, whatever. I ain't gonna tell anyone what they should or shouldn't do.

But you cant do it in my home. Nope.

No smoking or drinking in my house. Anyone that couldn't understand or respect that isn't someone I'd invite into my house anyway :)
__

My mighty steed

I'm with you on the no smoking in my home! Probably 13-14 years ago, I quit the smoking in the house thing and on a couple occasions allowed some friends smoke in the house...bad decision. It took a week to get the smell out. I always have a nice patio set up, chairs, plants, the whole nine yards and would smoke out there. We had a little rain shower last night and I could smell the old ash around the patio this morning...NASTY!

August 3, 2004, last cigarette.

The cravings go down. they don't even truly go away, but they become totally managable.

Keep going! Good job!

Quit smoking Feb 2001. No cravings anymore.
Smoked 2 packs of Marb reds a day for almost 25 years.

It does go away eventually. Takes a while but it goes away.
__

My mighty steed