jtval

UFC 71?

"if you havent seen the fight do not read beyond this point"

And the crowd goes wild....kinda.

Damn....that wasn't even a fight. He looked like an amateur.

Chris Leben? Whatever the only thing he has going for him is his chin.
Keith jardine? DAMN!!!!! He ROCKED houston alexander and rushed in. CLICK CLICK BOOM he was DONE
Din thomas? I liked that Big john stopped when he did. the arm bar was not going to get any prettier.

Title Fight?
one hit one kill. I wanted to bet money on JAckson but I don't know how to read those odds. it was like-220 for Liddel +215 for jackson. I had no clue wtf that means.

Anyway this is a whole NEW UFC. lets see how these belts get passed around and where they settle.
My photos

My Videos

My heart dropped when I saw Rampage plant his feet in the middle of the ring and tell Chuck to come fight him. Chuck let Rampage lead the fight, Jackson wasn't going to play into his game like everyone else did and I knew it wasn't going to end well.

This fuckin sucks, all the people I wanted to win didn't.
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

As a Chamo you gotta be willing to push the fight.

Backing away and landing a few punches just wasn't gonna cut it.

Rampage had chucks number just like Chuck has titos. ( I quoted that from someone but its true.)

there was no fight. Chuck got hit and was done before the follow through
My photos

My Videos

You missed one- Parisyan. That was a hell of a fight.
As far as Liddel/Jackson goes- I really wanted Chuck to win, but I had a bad feeling that Rampage was coming home with the belt. I just didnt see it happening that fast. Give it up to Rampage- Chuck left his chin sitting out there, and Rampage cracked it. Good stop by Big John- Chuck was out after the second punch- looks like the third woke him back up, but it was way too late. Wonder when the rematch will be?????

The sole intention, is learning to fly.Condition grounded, but determined to try.Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies.Tongue tied and twisted, just an Earth bound misfit.

I Love when Big John McCarthy ref's.
He never makes a bad call, IMHO.

Youre right about Karos fight. I thought I typed it up but that was a very good fight. In the end, Burkman was just outclassed....barely.:D

All of these fights were were exciting I just wish the main event would have been longer, ya know.[:/]

I didn't want it to end with controversy.
with someone saying, he got a lucky punch or the ref stopped it too soon, etc.

Chuck was undoubtedly OUT. He wasmad at first but that is usually the reaction when someone wakes up.
in the ring He was cool enough to say "he got me all I can do is ask for a rematch..."(or something close to that.

BTW- HAs ANYBODY heard from Forrest Griffin since his loss to Jardine? Forrest looked like an asshole after he lost . I was wondering if they didnt suspend him for being a baby>:(.

My photos

My Videos

As a Chamo you gotta be willing to push the fight.

Backing away and landing a few punches just wasn't gonna cut it.

in chuck's defense that's the strategy that's been working for him. he drops his left hand and waits for someone to come at him looking for the easy right hook to the jaw(his second fight with Sobral is the perfect examply), when his opponent rushes in for the punch he backs up to keep them moving forward swinging which opens them up and if you watch he'll wait for the perfect moment plant his foot and swing that overhand right, the same one he got Tito, Randy, Sobral, etc. etc. with. Quinton new exactly what Chuck would do, so he planted his feet in the middle of the ring and waited for Chuck, at that point it was up to who was going to have the more well placed/timed punch. Chuck doesn't push the pace, he lets his opponents set their own pace and he adjusts, calculates, and capitalizes on their movements.

I think Rampage may very well be one of the only men in the sport that can take advantage of Chucks low left hand. There is a reason you see boxers(righthanded ones) keeping their left hand next to their chin, it blocks their knockout zone. If you everget a chance throw on some boxing gloves with a friend and put that left hand up to your jaw and have your buddy take some right hooks at you. they can't get to the jaw, and for the head all you have to do is bring it up a bit while you drop your head about four inches. your hand covers you completely along with your forearm, but anytime you swing you open it up which is why most knockouts happen in the middle of an exchange while the hand is outstretched for a punch. Chuck keeps his left hand low to distract opponents and is the master of a quick counter punch to set up for the overhand right. He just needs a small strategy change.

As for a quick rematch, it seems that Dan Henderson is next in the chute for Jackson, but i don't see Chuck too far behind. He did express interest in fighting Shogun so maybe we'll see those two go at it for the #1 contender position.

i still think Chuck is the man though! A four year winning streak ain't all that bad and his knockout resume in that time was pretty damn impressive. i just hated Jackson because he talked on his damn phone while the national anthem was playing before his last fight with Wanderlei, but at the same time he spoke highly of Chuck and had a professional respect for him, and he's a family man, so I guess he ain't all that bad;)

see now I'm all amped up to go scrap!! I was supposed to have a submission fighting tournament the other day but injured my back in the train-up[:/] Oh well, I got to kick someone in the head today so I feel a little better:P

--Dwight D. Eisenhower

in chuck's defense that's the strategy that's been working for him. he drops his left hand and waits for someone to come at him looking for the easy right hook to the jaw(his second fight with Sobral is the perfect examply), when his opponent rushes in for the punch he backs up to keep them moving forward swinging which opens them up and if you watch he'll wait for the perfect moment plant his foot and swing that overhand right, the same one he got Tito, Randy, Sobral, etc. etc. with. Quinton new exactly what Chuck would do, so he planted his feet in the middle of the ring and waited for Chuck, at that point it was up to who was going to have the more well placed/timed punch. Chuck doesn't push the pace, he lets his opponents set their own pace and he adjusts, calculates, and capitalizes on their movements.

Yea, but what I meant was as soon (if not sooner) as Rampage threw his hands out as to say "fight me" Chuck, as the Champ HAD TO go in to push the fight. Dana White ( i think) has said I'd rather see you push the fight and loose the have a boring fight and win. If they played cat and mouse all day the boo's would have be deafening...and Chuck would have appeared to be the one backing up.(because thats what chuck does) So Chuck as a champ HAD to push the fight and got KTFO for it. 2nd hit from rampage, I think, was on the button.Edit: it was actually like his 4th or 5th hit that dropped chuck

Chuck was out before rampage followed through.

EDITED TO ADD
It wasn't a four year winning streak. He lost to Randy the first time. (was that fight really four years ago? I may have been, I don't remember, but It seems closer than that.)
My photos

My Videos

It wasn't a four year winning streak. He lost to Randy the first time. (was that fight really four years ago? I may have been, I don't remember, but It seems closer than that.)

I just double checked and yes it was a four year streak with seven wins in that time. As it sits right now he is 20-4 in MMA, and just to throw another interesting little piece of trivia in there, he's 20-2 in kickboxing(prior to his MMA debut), a total record of 40-6, not too shabby!!

I think I'm sitting at 5-0 this month:P 3 submissions against a former all Army wrestler and 2 against a former regional Greco Roman champ from northern Iraq. Not too bad ehh;)

--Dwight D. Eisenhower

one hit one kill. I wanted to bet money on JAckson but I don't know how to read those odds. it was like-220 for Liddel +215 for jackson. I had no clue wtf that means.

I think this is what it means....

-215 means you have to pay 215 dollars to have a chance to win your money back plus 100 bucks if Chuck wins

+215 means that you pay 100 dollars to get your 100 bucks plus 215 dollars if Rampage wins

Chuck was the big favourite. Too bad you didn't aly some $$ down you'd have more than doubled your money!!
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey