sartre

Buying new tires

agree, stay away from Wal-Mart, etc. and add Sears to that list - these tires are not the same as what you get at a dealer

but don't quite understand the comment about Goodyear, I'm running 5 vehicles right now: 3 SUV's, a Mustang and a Lexus, 1 SUV is on Firestone's but due for a change, everything else is presently on Goodyear

on the SUV's I'm getting 70-80K on the RTS Wranglers, got 86K on a set of the "defect" Firestone's, got 80K on another set of Firestone's,

Mustang has factory shoes so don't know yet, the Lexus eats soft tires but am getting 55-60K on a set

used to run Yokohoma on a Toyota and got great service from them but that was 15 years ago

I'm in SC and don't have to deal with snow, what am I missing here about Goodyears?
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

I bought my last two sets of tires at Discount. When I bought the last set in October, I compared Costco, and the total price with mounting and balancing was very close.

BTW I was in Granby yesterday and saw a bit of snow on the way back down.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

goodyear tires suck for traction - i've had several different goodyear tires on my cars and always could find better traction , cheaper tires with about the same or longer life - the only good goodyear tire is the fortura and it is very expensive - over the last 25 years i have tested different tires from most of the manufacturers good year always was near the bottom for traction and price