Lastchance

I can,t believe I did it.

Last Friday I sold my Harley. This is the first time since I was 12 yrs. old that I haven't owned a motorcycle. I sold it to complete a down payment on a new house. I actually had tears in my eyes when the guy rode it out of my driveway. I've been riding Harleys for 22 yrs now. I never thought that I'd see that day come. Oh well I guess it all happens for a reason and this is a good reason, and since I started jumping I haven't really rode much at all. But it still hurts.

I may be getting old but I got to see all the cool bands.

FUCK THAT:o

go buy another bike, I sold a bike when i started jumping, but I had 2 :)

My bike is currently in bits on the shop floor for a total rebuild, but i have a mates Sporty to ride:)

GO BUY ANOTHER BIKE

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Good. Never buy a Harley again until you've ridden the Suzuki Boulevard. Owned 7 Harleys in this lifetime and bought a Suzuki Intruder 1500 (now the Boulevard). Half the price, finer ride and with some Vance/Hines pipes on it... Well, no more Harleys for me. Ever.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Most of the time, making the mature choice sucks. I was choked up when my Softail went down the road without me. I sold for pretty much the same reasons you did. I told myself that I'd get another but 7 years later adn they have priced me out of the market:( I know that I'm better off, but I still miss riding

I am not the man. But the man knows my name...and he's worried

but 7 years later adn they have priced me out of the market:(

Are you speaking only of Harleys? If I were to buy my own bike (We have a Dyna Super Glide but obviously Billy's not going to ride bitch.:P) I'd not spend my money on a Harley. I LOVE Harley and have grown up with both Harleys and Goldwings. But unless motorcycles are your only hobby then spending the money on one, rather than another brand & comparable bike doesn't make much sense to me unless you're Joe Billionaire, of course.:P

I haven't looked into them in detail, but Honda seems to make a comparable & affordable cruiser.

:)
And for the record, I would sell everything if it meant saving my house, should God forbid I ever be in such a scenario. It doesn't make you a less passionate person to also be a responsible one.:)
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

buy a used, moderately priced rice burning cruiser to get your fix.

No, its not as "cool" as a harley, but you'll end up with a cheap alternative that runs much better.

Oh, and it wont annoy the neighbors as much. I am all for american made, but shit. at least make it so that it doesnt wake the dead, and idles smoothly. I have seen 1980's rust bucket pickups with 250,000 miles that idle smoother and quieter than a hog.

One more redneck riding by my house revving his harley when I am trying to put my infant to bed and I am gonna go postal on his ass. Same for the punks and thier car stereo bass at midnight.

I sound like I should be yelling "get off my lawn!" I sound so old.

and as a side note, I saw a candidate for father of the year. guy rode past my house with a 6yo on the back. Neither had helmets. at first I thought, ok, he is only doing about 10mph thru the 'hood, no biggie. then he cleared the stop sign and laid on the throttle.... asshole.
Two wrongs don't make a right, however three lefts DO!

One more redneck riding by my house revving his harley when I am trying to put my infant to bed and I am gonna go postal on his ass. Same for the punks and thier car stereo bass at midnight.
hould be yelling "get off my lawn!" I sound so old.

Where do you live now? I might swing by on my way to Skyfest:P
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.