gofast_ER

Color

Ok here is the deal. I am currently in Iraq. I sold my gear before I left with the intent of having new stuff by the time I got back. I just bought a canopy yesterday. I am trying to figure out what colors I should get for my container (I am going to be buying a Mirage G4)
I can't download the program I need for their color chart thing on the Mirage website. So I am kind of at a loss. I really want my gear good to go for when I get back. After all, it's been 9 months already. I still have at least 3 1/2 months before I'll be jumping again. Ok well anyway. Anyone have any suggestions on what colors would go good with this canopy?
I may not agree with what you have to say but i'll defend to the death your right to say it.

ok well, just because I am boerd right now with nothing eles to do here you go:

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source
col·or
–noun 1. the quality of an object or substance with respect to light reflected by the object, usually determined visually by measurement of hue, saturation, and brightness of the reflected light; saturation or chroma; hue.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source
col·our
–noun, adjective, verb (used with object), verb (used without object) Chiefly British. color.

—Usage note See -or1.
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.
I may not agree with what you have to say but i'll defend to the death your right to say it.

Ok here is the deal. I am currently in Iraq. I sold my gear before I left with the intent of having new stuff by the time I got back. I just bought a canopy yesterday. I am trying to figure out what colors I should get for my container (I am going to be buying a Mirage G4)
I can't download the program I need for their color chart thing on the Mirage website. So I am kind of at a loss. I really want my gear good to go for when I get back. After all, it's been 9 months already. I still have at least 3 1/2 months before I'll be jumping again. Ok well anyway. Anyone have any suggestions on what colors would go good with this canopy?

I would concentrate on only one of the canopy colors, like that dark blue colored cell in your photo. The green and purple/pink-whatever is too "outspoken" for a container color.

After that, I probably wouldn't do too much beyond one primary color and maybe that same color "tie-died" for the reserve flaps (seems to be a nice G4 trademark). At least that way, if you ever have to unload the container, it's going to be easier to sell (versus some puke-green, sick-orange, gag-yellow combos I've seen out there...:P).

Keep it up over there! Whether you're pumping gas or kicking in doors, it's helping someone!

Blues,
Max
C/1/506 INF 101 ABN
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

it's spelt "colour" B|

:D You mean it's spelled color? :D:ph34r:

Just kidding, I know both are "correct".
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Hi Gofast

If you have your parachutist mags with you you could look at the rigs peeps are wearing and pick out a color combo you like. Mirage may be able to send you fabric scraps to help pick out da colors.

Folks won't see your canopy very much , but when you strut your stuff on the way to da plane wearing your rig thats what they will remember the most. That and your jumpsuit:)
What kind of delivery times you looking at for your custom colored gear?

Gotta ask:$You got your sabre with you in the sandpile? Aren't you worried about your buddies fondling all that nice new slippery nylon.B|

Come home soon

Kinda hard colors to match, that.

I'd say black with magenta details, as your canopy has magenta in it.

Or black with royal blue or jade green details.

IMHO it will look better with just two colors. And black goes with everything. It will make it easier to match it to your jumpsuit too.

If you keep it simple, it's gotta be good. My friend's got a black Mirage G3 with red pinstripes. Really good looking rig that goes with almost any jumpsuit or canopy.

White would match too, but you know what happens to white rigs.;)

Nice color on canopy, BTW, although I'd prefer a little pink in it.

;)

Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

Keep it up over there! Whether you're pumping gas or kicking in doors, it's helping someone!

Blues,
Max
C/1/506 INF 101 ABN

That is really weird that you would say that. I actually am a fueler and running a fssp (fuel system supply point) out here.

Thanks for the advice. It feels a little overwhelming but I am sure I'll figure it out. Oh and I don't have the canopy here. No way would I do that. Unless of course they would actually take me up in the helos and let me jump. Every time I see one fly by I think of how much of a waste it is. How easy it would be to let me take a little corner till we were over a camp. Eh, oh well. Thanks again

Hey GOFAST, I did the same thing last year on my second tour (currently on my 3rd), I ordered my new custom rig while I was here and it was ready for me when I got back. Now I have it here with me (it's secured) because I'm going to Europe for my R&R. Plus whenever I have a bad day I can just go to it for consolation.
Keep your head down!
~Freedom is never free

Oh ok never mind. I just read that you were in Afghanistan. Keep your head down too. I just had a friend of mine get messed up there. It was almost pretty bad but he got lucky.