Twoply

Can someone knowledgeable about electricity explain something to me?

What is an electric 8-way?

Surely you can do a search for it. :S

Electrical plug with separated wires, plugged in with the two wires apart from each other. two people grab a wire without touching each other, then 6 more people join in a circle, leaving one grip open. Last grip closes, and you have your electric 8 way.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

You know, guys, there are much safer ways to do this than by using 120VAC!

You are trying to interfere with Darwin's plan. First time I was at a party and saw an electric 8-way, I was dumbfounded at the idiocy of it. I've never had a reason to change my opinion.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

You know, guys, there are much safer ways to do this than by using 120VAC!

You are trying to interfere with Darwin's plan. First time I was at a party and saw an electric 8-way, I was dumbfounded at the idiocy of it. I've never had a reason to change my opinion.

Nah, you're just a sissy... :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

You are trying to interfere with Darwin's plan.

Speaking of Darwin and electricity, here is a bright guy who decided to do some PCP-enhanced climbing. Pics are in order, 1-2-3.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

Speaking of Darwin and electricity, here is a bright guy who decided to do some PCP-enhanced climbing. Pics are in order, 1-2-3.

Now THAT was a DUMBASS.... :D:D:D:S

An 8-way round with one of the grips replaced by the bare ends of a lamp cord plugged into the wall. Or alternatively, think of it as a 9-way round composed of 8 fools and a wall socket.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

After seeing the first pic, I was going to say he didn't seem very bright, but then the 2nd & 3rd pics proved me wrong.

An 8-way round with one of the grips replaced by the bare ends of a lamp cord plugged into the wall. Or alternatively, think of it as a 9-way round composed of 8 fools and a wall socket.

Sounds like fun.

We have an "electric fence" set up in our kitchen window. It's there to keep the cats out, but it makes a fun party toy too. :D

It is the current that kills ya I have been working with neon for years I have been hit by 15,000 volts from a neon transformer a few times it gives a kick but the amperage is really low (30ma)

maybe that's why I enjoy Spence's electric ways so much I have been training for years:D

My father used to own a TV repair business, and he had mirrors in the shop so he could watch what was happening to the picture while he made adjustments around the back of the TV. I was in my late teens and I was doing some work one day and didn't have a mirror handy, but I figured I could just watch from the front and reach around back and grab the BZZZT ZAPPPP flyback transformer BZZZT ZAPPPP. I regained conciousness about five minutes later sitting against the far wall of the shop.