Mark24688m

Home Depot

Hahahahaha. I actually just applied to Lowes. Its going to be funny when they ask me why I left home depot.

Tell them you were caught directing customers to Lowes.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I worked at Lowes for a year,,
it sucks there as well but here is step what bunch of ppl do to get more pay for same job..

1.go to Lowes, im pretty sure there is one within 2 mile radius, get hired there for same position except ask for more pay then HomeDepot,,,, Lowes will pay you more because they think that you are trained in this industry already..
2.then work for Lowes for another couple month and ask for raise,,, if they don't give it to you then move back to Homedepot,,, then Homedepot will pay you more then Lowe's..

by going thru these steps over and over you'll end up getting much higher rate for a exactly same job..

****you can only do this like 3 or 4 times and that is it****
****Do not piss off Store Manager on either one of the location****
****if you happened to piss off store manager or department manager, just wait until they move out to another store or demoted and then you apply again****
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

Ace
the closest thing to a true hardware store left
best selection of fasteners in town!
;)

I agree. Worked at one during college. My boss relied on college students for staff. We were an engineering college and understood the merchandise with little training to be able to help the customers. We didn't stay around long enough to get that many raises in pay which kept his costs down. He worked around our schedules since between the 5 of us students, we always had at least 2 to be at the store. It worked all the way around.

Also agree on the fasteners. I went to HD to get some screws to attach my L bracket for my camera. The bins were full, but with all the wrong stuff. At my old Ace, we had 3-4 times more types of fasteners in about half the space and at less cost. And we kept them in stock. I miss my old Ace.:(
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Ace
the closest thing to a true hardware store left
best selection of fasteners in town!
;)

Not around here :S The ACE Hardware Store is gay owned and operated. It's over priced and over stocked with accessories. The guys that work there wouldn't know the difference between a toggle bolt and a toggle switch - no kidding. Now I'm not making fun of gay people mind you, some of my best friends are gay :|
Keith

Don't Fuck with me Keith - J. Mandeville

I don't know how widespread the company is.....

But in California a few of my friends (who are in southern, I am in northern) have a deal going with Martinelli's apple juice/cider. It's a piece of cake. THey send you packets with stickers for promotions and such. All you have to do is go to a grocery store and stick the labels and such on the product on the shelves, maybe hang a small sign or two.

Then, get the manager to sign your checksheet with the store number, and bam. we make about $10 a store.

It's a nice deal to have going because you can do it whenever you go shopping, or when you get bored. if you plot your course out right, you can make around 40 or 50 bucks an hour.
It's all fun and until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

Then get a job that requires detail and no customer service. I got out of retail years ago because I had had it with the public. And trust me, packing does Not require detail. Find something that fits with your personality.
Keith

Not around here :S The ACE Hardware Store is gay owned and operated. It's over priced and over stocked with accessories. The guys that work there wouldn't know the difference between a toggle bolt and a toggle switch - no kidding. Now I'm not making fun of gay people mind you, some of my best friends are gay :|

Now you've left me with a really weird mental image of John Madden doing a commercial for that hardware store.:S
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Now you've left me with a really weird mental image of John Madden doing a commercial for that hardware store.:S

Is he lisping in your mental image? :)
Keith

"Athe is the plathe with the very helpful hardware man.":ph34r:

"Athe is the plathe with the very helpful hardware man.":ph34r:

"Thith ith the plathe with the VEEeeeery helpful hardware man"

There fixed it for ya :P;)
Keith

But in California a few of my friends (who are in southern, I am in northern) have a deal going with Martinelli's apple juice/cider. It's a piece of cake. THey send you packets with stickers for promotions and such. All you have to do is go to a grocery store and stick the labels and such on the product on the shelves, maybe hang a small sign or two.

Then, get the manager to sign your checksheet with the store number, and bam. we make about $10 a store.

It's a nice deal to have going because you can do it whenever you go shopping, or when you get bored. if you plot your course out right, you can make around 40 or 50 bucks an hour.

How did they get set up with that gig?

Too bad you'll spend $9.50 an hour on gas down here:P:D
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

How did they get set up with that gig?

Actually, I really don't know. My roommate is on the basketball team on a scholarship, and since they know he has no time to go find a full time job they find him small filler jobs like that. He also does work and concerts and such.

I am sure if you contacted Martinelli's they could give you some info. It doesn't sound that complicated
It's all fun and until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

Judging from how well written your post is and your choice of user names, I suspect you do stayhigh.

yup... and that's how i roll...:P
no one can stay higher than me except for the wingsuiters...well maybe some... but most of the time i tend to stay higher..

my lack of skill in writing comes from public education system of southern california...
we don't speak english here..comprende amigo???
Bernie Sanders for President 2016