lisamariewillbe

Memories of Sudsyfist.....

I will never forget the time he knocked the cheeseburger out of my hands .....

I'll never forget the time he called me *from Eloy* to tell me he was still on the fence about coming to Eloy. I think he was just enjoying the fencepost. After all, it's about the right body type for him... skinny, flat as a board, and not prone to gaining weight.:D

I was I think with him , when he was on the fence... in reality he was eating a huge plate of pasta being a porker....

all the while I had to sit accross from him starving... not able to eat....

Alex - He would have wanted me to win though.....
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

i'll never forget our first phone conversation, discovering that he too shaves his nether-region.

I knew then it was a match made in heaven.

But I use mentholated shaving oil. He doesn't. To each his own I guess.

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

Remeber that time, when we had a great 4 way between me , you, suds and beth.... those are memories I shall cherish my whole life.... the fun we had.... sighhh ....

yeah, I was eating in a fancy steak joint in colorado springs... and I started swearing or saying something vulgar and the stuffy folks having dinner started to stare. lol!!

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

And we talked to your waitress and asked her to spank you.... dude that was classic Suds .... just classic

and what did you tell her? you said that I was going to give her a 100% tip or something. I don't quite recall.

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

Here's mine.

Suds and I started to be friends in the usual way--a funny line, a PM. Over time, we would correspond sporadically, debate occasionally.

Then came the thread wherein he did something that I find well nigh unforgivable, and I wrote him off. I'd decided well prior that it was the sort of thing I'd no longer tolerate from anyone because no matter how many times I've tried to explain it in the past, my listener has failed to understand.

No more beating my head against a brick wall.

I missed him. There's no doubt. But sometimes it's better to just stick with people you can trust to hear you, few though they may be.

My mistake.

I did end up explaining the problem in another way in another thread. It wasn't something that someone would easily relate to what had happened, but a day later, I got a PM from Suds that said, "You could've told me."

I just...cried.

I don't really care if someone agrees with me--and he and I never actually talked about that part of it--but I do care that they'll take the time to hear what I'm saying. It's all too rare in the world...but Suds...well, he heard it when it wasn't even directed at him, and he took the time to let me know.

He's one of the smartest people I know, not to mention one of the most empathic and giving. I'm sometimes fearful that he's going to run dry or burn out because I'm not sure people realize just how much he gives.

He's probably going to kill me if he ever sees this post, so don't tell him about it.

Just know what a great human being he is, and try to appreciate what a gift he is to all who are lucky enough to know him.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

I never tire of that story. And it grieved me when you and he weren't talking. B/c that was when I talked to both of you a lot on the phone and it was... awkward... for me.

One thing I think people don't see, in part b/c suds didn't show it much in posts, is that he had/has an incredibly deep spiritual side. He knows humility, patience, love. We talked awhile about the writings of Thomas Merton, whose spiritual autobiography The Seven Story Mountain is a classic.

He quickly became a true friend to me and I can't wait to meet him in person and jump w/ him.

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...