ntrprnr

So landing on 86th St. and Central Park West is out of the question...

Was looking up on nyc.gov to get a permit application for my new metal detector (coolest. gift. ever.) when I found this:

(e) Aviation

No person shall voluntarily bring, land or cause to alight within or upon any park, any airplane, balloon, parachute, hang glider, or other aerial device, except that certain areas may be designated appropriate landing places for medical evacuation helicopters. For the purposes of this subdivision (e), voluntarily shall mean anything other than a forced landing caused by mechanical or structural failure of the aircraft or other aerial device.

Oh well. :)

Its thinking like that Sir, that is dangerous. Shame on you >:(>:(>:(

:D

Had to look close almost didnt see the smile was going to ask where the hell is andy and what have you done with him ?:P
SO this one time at band camp.....

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most."

Was looking up on nyc.gov to get a permit application for my new metal detector (coolest. gift. ever.) when I found this:

(e) Aviation

No person shall voluntarily bring, land or cause to alight within or upon any park, any airplane, balloon, parachute, hang glider, or other aerial device, except that certain areas may be designated appropriate landing places for medical evacuation helicopters. For the purposes of this subdivision (e), voluntarily shall mean anything other than a forced landing caused by mechanical or structural failure of the aircraft or other aerial device.

That sucks the big one. I was hanging out with a couple of jumpers from here last weekend and suggested that we NYC skydivers organize a boogie in Central Park. We could coordinate with the authorities to have a chopper take off from the 59th St. Heliport on the east side, and do jumps from 5K into Sheep's Meadow from morning until sundown.

If only we could somehow convince Mayor Bloomberg that this is a good idea :)...

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

(e) Aviation

This is defined as "Aerial Delivery" by the NPS.

Remember though, it is only illegal if you get caught. :D
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"