SBS

Naming a kid a dumbass name...

Back when i worked in social services (about 7ish years ago) i dealt with mostly low income, poorly educated families that lived in the housing projects. One of my clients was pregnant and hadn't yet picked out a name for her daughter and ended up going into premature labor. While she was at the hospital she saw a poster on the wall and saw what she thought would make a beautiful name for her baby girl.

She named her Syphillis (prounced "Suh Fillis").

My ex-wife tells me that when she was in the maternity ward, another woman there had named her little girl "Latrina".

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Do a search on DZ.com for the "What are cool baby names" and "help me pick a name" threads.

Skydivers have a disproportionate share of wacky ideas in this area.

I think it might be a good thing. It provides entertainment.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Did you ever hear the one, about the indian boy asking the chief how they got their names. The chief said when the baby is born we look outside the tepee and the first thing we see is what we name the child. Like your sister Graceful Swan and brother Sly fox. Why do you ask Two Dogs Fucking?

Blue Autumn Rain Bains is my favorite fucked up name. She was a high school friend of mine. We called her Blue, her parents called her Autumn. I don't reemember her sister's name but it was fucked up as well. Her brother had a normal name. I guess they put the pipe down when he was born. :S

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

There was a Mercedes Parker and a Jack Daniels Trader. I kid you not.

At the risk of sounding like a smart-ass:

Mercedes is a common Spanish name. :)

Me too, but I think in this case it's the surname that makes it.

I'd of loved to of grown up knowing Jack Daniels Trader
but what do I know

Back when i worked in social services (about 7ish years ago) i dealt with mostly low income, poorly educated families that lived in the housing projects. One of my clients was pregnant and hadn't yet picked out a name for her daughter and ended up going into premature labor. While she was at the hospital she saw a poster on the wall and saw what she thought would make a beautiful name for her baby girl.

She named her Syphillis (prounced "Suh Fillis").

My ex-wife tells me that when she was in the maternity ward, another woman there had named her little girl "Latrina".

That is so tragic.

Comedy at its best.
but what do I know