freeasabird

Brutally Hard Openings - Need Advice!!!

Don't quote me on this, but although your correct, having a real lose band/stow, even though its the first one, could mean lines becoming unstowed as the bag leaves, and potentially the bag could turn through the lines causing a malfunction. I think its unlikely that a regular band on a double stow will cause a bag lock however.

Do you know how many line stows a reserve has?
2 locking only.

Yes I did know that. what has that got to do with this? PD reccomends ALL stows be tight, rather than lose to avoid line dump, or the above. That was my observation.
--------------------------------------------------
Practise the 6 P's!

just keep youre line stows consistint and try puttin the nose in a little bit it might help i dunno and my suggestion would be to get rid of the mini stows and use regular stows itll help just single stow the first four double stow the next three than the last one single stow it may not work for you but im just giving some advice the best i can ;)
death before dishonor

Hi, I have been jumping with stiletto 150 and 135 for neally 1000 jumps and maybe for few times I have hard opennings, I have been jumpimg with others canopys with bad opennings, but it was normal in those canopys. I believe the problem is the end your pack, I use the same system in my packing job, but, I use long rubber band in the couple first line stowing and input double wrap, in the others I use small rubber bands with single wrap, BUT, I leave between 2" - 3" each line stowing doesno't mater where they are and leave 10" - 15" between the last stowing and the links in the risers, and this work very well for me.

I hope really help with this information, and I agree others like ask others packers or riggers about, use packing service from other people.

Cheers.

Mauricio

You: Hi... I'm having brutally hard openings, can you jump this rig I just packed to see if it's just me?

Me: How about I take video of your opening to see your body position and watch you pack and have a rigger look at your line trim? Beyond that.. send it to the manufacturer and ask them to put a couple jumps on it.

In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson