Philly215

Finally got my car, any suggestions on mods/add-ons?

Any moron can go fast on a straight away it takes a special kind of moron to go fast around curves

Definetly. I'm just saying the power the car has. It accelerates nice as hell. Went automatic because of always in the city and other reasons. Supposed to have the fasted automatic transmission for cars over 225 HP or something.

Supposed to have the fasted automatic transmission for cars over 225 HP or something.

Uh . . . no. That would be the Audi TT (250ish hp stock) with Dual Clutch Gearbox (aka DSG over in the VW line).

It's essentially the same one as the VW GTI (200hp stock) which is a scaled down version of the one of the Bugatti Veyron (1001hp!).

All do their shifting magic either under total computer control, s-tronic or tip-tronic. All have two sets of gears and two sets of clutches; one engages while the other disengages. Computer controlled rev matching as well. Shifts are as smooth as silk and take place in 0.2 seconds. No, you -can't- shift that fast manually even if you're an expert driver. This allows these cars to accelerate quite a bit faster than you'd normally expect from a car with their power to weight to ratios (well, except the Veyron . . . 1001hp is just crazy powerful no matter how you look at it).
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Supposed to have the fasted automatic transmission for cars over 225 HP or something.

Uh . . . no. That would be the Audi TT (250ish hp stock) with Dual Clutch Gearbox (aka DSG over in the VW line).

It's essentially the same one as the VW GTI (200hp stock) which is a scaled down version of the one of the Bugatti Veyron (1001hp!).

All do their shifting magic either under total computer control, s-tronic or tip-tronic. All have two sets of gears and two sets of clutches; one engages while the other disengages. Computer controlled rev matching as well. Shifts are as smooth as silk and take place in 0.2 seconds. No, you -can't- shift that fast manually even if you're an expert driver. This allows these cars to accelerate quite a bit faster than you'd normally expect from a car with their power to weight to ratios (well, except the Veyron . . . 1001hp is just crazy powerful no matter how you look at it).

ohh, i thought the tt was 215 hp :-\

Watch this video . . .

lol i saw that awhile ago. I personally think the murcielago is a 59589358x NICER, not faster, but nicer.

IMO, the bugatti looks like a smashed up chubby audi, power is unreal though

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3EiuA2qPu1s 3x the speed of the bugatti and no speeding tickets. mwuahuha

Watch this video . . .

I think this is one of the best track run videos ever made.

The claim that F1 cars aren't as fast is a bit misleading, as they probably have much smaller displacement, non-turbo engines and run on tracks with much shorter straightaways (still getting to 220 mph).

Current F1 rules are for normally aspirated 2.4 liter V8 engines.

A Honda Formula One car, in the Mojave desert achieved 415 km/h (258 mph) in 2006. Of course they have much better aerodynamics than a Veyron.

A 2 liter turbocharged Honda Civic achieved 211 mph.

[/url]http://www.snowperformance.net/news_item.php?prk=14[url]
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

The claim that F1 cars aren't as fast is a bit misleading, as they probably have . . .

Wow. Talk about missing a point.

Look, the Veyron isn't even really a production car. I mean, technically according to the unwritten rules of the automotive industry it is, but it's not something that you, me or anyone we know in our daily lives is ever going to own. It's really more in the realm of concept car and technology demonstrator that they're willing to part with for about $1,000,000.

Likewise, an F1 car also isn't something you or me are ever going to be able to drive on the streets so in reality comparing the two is as silly as me comparing my GTI to something Craig Breedlove would drive.

ALL OF THAT SAID . . .

The point of the video is to see the technology demonstrated and with that in mind and considering it actually is 100% street legal and does what it does without any further modifications after it leaves the "factory". . . holy crap that's amazing.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

The claim that F1 cars aren't as fast is a bit misleading, as they probably have . . .

Look, the Veyron isn't even really a production car. I mean, technically according to the unwritten rules of the automotive industry it is, but it's not something that you, me or anyone we know in our daily lives is ever going to own. It's really more in the realm of concept car and technology demonstrator that they're willing to part with for about $1,000,000.

Likewise, an F1 car also isn't something you or me are ever going to be able to drive on the streets so in reality comparing the two is as silly as me comparing my GTI to something Craig Breedlove would drive.

ALL OF THAT SAID . . .

The point of the video is to see the technology demonstrated and with that in mind and considering it actually is 100% street legal and does what it does without any further modifications after it leaves the "factory". . . holy crap that's amazing.

I say over 500 will be sold in the US...I've seen a few already in Cherry Hill.

I didn't miss your point, I was simply making my own point. The journalist in the video said something quite misleading. Come on, guys nitpick details all the time, that's what guys do, especially in the bonfire, right?
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Spend money on an high-performance driving school; you'll get 10x the performance payoff than you ever would screwing around with the car mechanically, and you'll live longer too.

Like they say, the first mod you should do is "tighten the nut behind the wheel."

I dunno where you're located but Skip Barber and Bob Bondurant both do excellent schools on the left coast.
7CP#1 | BTR#2 | Payaso en fuego Rodriguez
"I want hot chicks in my boobies!"- McBeth