RALFFERS

Might be going back to school...and I don't know what to think

Well, I've officially decided to give the insurance gig another couple months (pretty much until I get fired for lack of production). Don't get me wrong, I love my job for the most part; I get to meet new people all the time and be involved in their lives in a meaningful way. But it seems to be a love/hate relationship, as there are things I hate, and HATE with a passion! (mainly the cold calling and crunching the numbers at the end of every month.)

That said, not that I didn't like school, but I was never too good at it. Finishing my degree in criminal justice does sound intriguing though. The 1 good thing is I have an associates of arts degree (not much, I know) and hopefully some of my credits will transfer over. I have an appointment with someone at ITT Tech this Saturday t get some general information. In 1 sense I'm excited, but in another I'm not comfortable with having to be in debt or becoming a student again at 26 27. I donno' :S
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

Hey Ralf,

You seem to be under the impression that 26 or 27 is old. It's not! There are several people here in their 40's who have gone back to school.

My advice: If Criminal Justice is what you are interested in pursuing, go for it. Do what you are really interested in. If you're in a career that doesn't suit you, what are you going to do 10 years from now?

You have a long lifetime ahead of you. Pursue your dreams and never look back.

Good luck!

You're silly if you think you're too old for school. I started college last year. It was hard to get used to, but now i actually enjoy school. Knowing i'll have me a fancy degree and the education needed to get a good job is a good feeling. I say go for it!! :)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Well, you're right, I am silly...:P:)

In all seriousness though, you're both right. If things don't pick up......I'm going back.

Might as well add the loan for school to the loan for my license and gear :D

Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

I graduated from ITT about 2 years ago. If I had to do it again i would probably have gone to a university instead. Tuition is expensive, around 36,000 for a associates degree. If you do have to get loans make sure they are not provate loans, I have friends that are paying out the ass because they can't consolidate thier loans.
Another problem with the school is 95% of the credits are not going to transfer to any other school.
You are stuck at ITT if you want to get your bachelors.
I started in a class with around 40 people. Every quarter around 5 or so would drop out.
We ended up graduating 12. Of those 12 I know of about 5 people that got a decent job in thier feild. They do offer job placement but don't expect much from it. They were offering jobs like Comcast, and telephone companies.
One good thing about the school is it's pretty much impossible to fail out. If you show up and try you will pass. They curve the shit out of peoples grades.