Armour666

Office laziness, stupidity or both?

I go to print some items out walk over the printer and find some one refilling it. They go through the effort to get out from the cupboard to get a ream of paper, open the package, take the tray out of the printer then only stick in 15-20 sheets in. WTF if your going to go thought that much effort at least stick the whole dam ream of paper in.

I asked him why he didn’t put the whole thing in. his reply I don’t have time. I just look in amazement and watch him complete his task at hand. Once his print job was done he turns around and proceeds to microwave his popcorn and watch it pop.

These are the many time that I’m glad I’m a contractor and my stay is limited because any longer then six months I would run out of places to hide the bodies.
SO this one time at band camp.....

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most."

That is one of my biggest pet peeves at work! I just can't understand how it is so hard to put the WHOLE thing in. I'll ask them and they'll say "Oh I didn't know it could hold the whole thing." That would be an okay excuse I guess, but I just told them 2 days ago that all of it would fit when they did it last time. Idiots!
I'm so funny I crack my head open!

P.M.S. #102

Its both and it happens everywhere. My personal pet peeve is people who never bothered to learn how to change the toner cartridge on the printer, especially when I worked in an office where we shared printers- now I have my own! Leaving the copier with a paper jam and walking to another machine is yet another pet peeve. (Sad that after so many years in the industry, one of my most valued job skills is my ability to clear a paper jam on a copier! :S)

lol I some times wonder if they should pass a basic office test and have their pay rate tied to it. If you can't follow simple instructions that the copier screen is giving you on how to clear a jam then you should be dropped to min wage and told to return your diploma :S

Our printer CAN hold the entire ream - if you want it to jam immediately afterwards. People know this, and one person in particular still manages the following:

1) Turn off printer.
2) Open up printer.
3) Observe that, yes, the paper is indeed stuck.
4) Curse
5) Partially tear off paper.
6) Curse
7) Remove cartridge.
8) rip out rest of offending sheet.
9) Replace cartridge, smearing ink over oneself.
10) Curse (optional)
11) Close printer
12) Turn on printer
13) Forget to remove excess paper from tray
14) Repeat.
13) And again.
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

Yeah, the copier thing is a whole ballgame in and of itself.

My peeve was the coffee bozos.
1. Pull out brewer tray.
2. Place pre-packaged coffee in tray.
3. Close tray
4. Press "Brew" button.

Can they do it when they take the last cup of coffee?
Hell, no...it's beyond their comprehension.
No wonder so many people get caught on tape pissing into the coffee urn.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I am in a smaller office and there are 2-3 people who use our printer (not on a daily basis). We all do a great job taking care of it. My complaint about the co-workers would be phone messages (Our calls go through the office down stairs). I get handed about 15-20 messages when I get into the office every day and 1-2 out of the bunch actually make any kind of sense. How hard is it for a person to take a phone msg?
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Our printer CAN hold the entire ream - if you want it to jam immediately afterwards. People know this, and one person in particular still manages the following:

1) Turn off printer.
2) Open up printer.
3) Observe that, yes, the paper is indeed stuck.
4) Curse
5) Partially tear off paper.
6) Curse
7) Remove cartridge.
8) rip out rest of offending sheet.
9) Replace cartridge, smearing ink over oneself.
10) Curse (optional)
11) Close printer
12) Turn on printer
13) Forget to remove excess paper from tray
14) Repeat.
13) And again.

:ph34r: Sorry should have mention these are printers an copiers from made in the past 3 years. but the instructional steps were funny piticulary #13 and 14
experienced that in the past